Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerzInc

Trophies
XP
Country
EXECUTION_COLRAMP_FLASH_TIMES 200, 0.6, 0.3
EXECUTION_COLRAMP_FADE_TIME 5.0

How did you know that those lines would replace it with gore? Did those come from the psp version? I'm just curious as to what values do what and how one might find them.

LOTG

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
My guess is they come from the uncensored PS2 version that came out and by my best guess would be practically identical to the PSP version. So just compare the files and see what they have different.

I do find it strange that they are in the levelsetup.ini. Why change these for each level, they should have been in a global ini.

cygnusx12112

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Until someone finds a way to run games without voiding my warranty, I'm not too excited about this. I've had to send in my Wii once already, and I'm not about to void it yet.

bailli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Since I am bored I wrote a small programm that patches the __update.inf
the way I described in my last post.

Remember:
This is still untested and could damage your Wii permanently!
Use at your own risk!

But it would be great if someone is willing to test it... ^^

EDIT: Okay this is outdated. For the new version go here

grant666uk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Right just started downloading Manhunt 2 ntsc iso. Going to be be playing it on my Pal D2Ckey modded Wii.

Can someone if they can be arsed right a step by step guide to hacking it.

Thanks alot for any help.

LOTG

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Right just started downloading Manhunt 2 ntsc iso. Going to be be playing it on my Pal D2Ckey modded Wii.

Can someone if they can be arsed right a step by step guide to hacking it.Â

Thanks alot for any help.

I think the person on top of this page just posted what you wanted.

cygnusx12112

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm.. still sticking to my last statement.
smile.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@bailli I have a wii with a dead drive (dead probably means I need to pull it apart, clean and rebuild it) and very low firmware (pre metroid) but still I would not care about it completely dying (internet channel even with the media streamer: not worth it).
We seem to be somewhat geographically challenged though so if anyone is somewhere in East Anglia with a chipped drive these days and nobody else is willing to test I will happily sacrifice mine for science.

If someone has some idea of how to apply an update outside of normal methods I would be up for that too (it does not even have to be custom).

Edit: I have no SD-GC adapter either but I could knock one together if necessary and I am willing to put up discs for this one.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Confused. Does this mean you don't have to mod your Wii to be able to play backups?

EDIT: Sorry, I have a flu. It's hard to think straight. Aren't the dumped games already signed? So all this is good for is to just remove updates from games and to make your own homebrew?

bailli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No, you still need a modchip to run modified isos.
Backups without modchips isn't someting you can achieve with only modified ISOs.

I think a short announcement concering this "no-modchip-questions" in the first post would be a good idea...

awofadeju

Trophies
Website
www.wiipals.net
XP
Country
Do does that mean we could edit the langauge code in some games? It would be really cool if someone could modify the jap version of dragon quest and fire emblem and replace them with the usa languge files so JAp owners who cant play the usa version can at least play the jap version but with english writting
smile.gif

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bailli, I'm up for testing it however the only game that has an update that I haven't done is the jap SSBB, I haven't even did the 15% trick. Unfortunatly, I think some of that update was needed to enable Dual layer play. Not sure if that panned out to be true though...

Timmy!!&

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is maybe just a stupid idea, but can't you do the same trick with VC games wich are copied to your SD card?? I don't have any VC games, so I can't test this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://kotaku.com/nintendo-switch-yuzu-emulator-github-piracy-zelda-1851452740