ROM Hack Modified NTR Client with Gateshark support

Status
Not open for further replies.

justync7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
very cool :) nice that other people can use gw cheats now.
i haven't tested, but if your program can handle my animal crossing text to item cheat, then i guess it can handle most things :D
http://www.fort42.com/gateshark/game485/
I have tried it on a previous version of the debugger and it sadly didn't work, but I haven't tried since he added heartbeat codes. Will try again and report back with results :P

Reactions: cearp

justync7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried it on a previous version of the debugger and it sadly didn't work, but I haven't tried since he added heartbeat codes. Will try again and report back with results :P
Unfortunately, The first code ran fine until the end when I got
Code:
finishedrtCheckRemoteMemoryRegionSafeForWrite failed: d8e007f5
rtCheckRemoteMemoryRegionSafeForWrite failed: d8e007f5
and then all memory interaction after that failed. I was unable to run the part 2 and 3 codes due to that and attempting to use the code did nothing.

EDIT: It seems the issue is that this cannot do button trigger codes. Sadly this means most codes won't work unless you cut off the first line.

Last edited by justync7,

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
It seems the issue is that this cannot do button trigger codes.
that's a shame... maybe not possible.
maybe it's possible to make an ntr plugin the read gw cheat txt files, but it would take some work and time of course.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I am trying to apply cheats for Mighty Gunvolt. The process is ggv_eur and the pid is 0x00000029. So when I select the process from the list, I can't enter the PID in the field below. It remains empty. In the Gif it looks like it's filled automatically?

Edit: Nevermind, I had to press the memlayout button.

Last edited by WiiUBricker,

Mattshark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you Execute a Gameshark Code, is anything supposed to be displayed in the log on top? Because none of the codes I try are working, as if they just simply weren't sending, as the top screen doesn't say I sent anything... (doesn't change at all, even after I hit "try" to verify it before "execute")

Deleted member 369977

Felyne Hunter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am trying to apply cheats for Mighty Gunvolt. The process is ggv_eur and the pid is 0x00000029. So when I select the process from the list, I can't enter the PID in the field below. It remains empty. In the Gif it looks like it's filled automatically?

Edit: Nevermind, I had to press the memlayout button.
Well.. I really need an indepth tutorial for this tool. Some things still seem to be hard to figure out ..

When you Execute a Gameshark Code, is anything supposed to be displayed in the log on top? Because none of the codes I try are working, as if they just simply weren't sending, as the top screen doesn't say I sent anything... (doesn't change at all, even after I hit "try" to verify it before "execute")
That's something I accidently "added" in 1.4, I forgot to disable that because I wasn't quite finished with that feature. So you must press memlayout in the basic tab first because the tool checks if it writes into a valid reagion. I'll try to make an update tomorrow to finish that.

Sorry D:

Last edited by Deleted member 369977,
Reactions: I pwned U!

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
If you want to run this with wine it will not work, for some reason wine has a hard time installing .NET frameworks.

Deleted member 369977

Felyne Hunter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Something I forgot to mention, If anybody wants to make an icon for this program, feel free to post it here :)

EDIT: I have bad news. I think I just broke everything. Please try 1.4-1 and tell me if it works for you. If it doesn't use 1.4.

EDIT2: Hotfix V1.4-2 is comming in a few minutes

EDIT3: Hotfix is now released. Fixed pretty much everything v1.4-1 broke.

Last edited by Deleted member 369977,
Reactions: I pwned U!

Dayle Hall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have tried a handful of games and None of the gateshark codes have worked. I dont know what im doing wrong. Sometimes in the log everything looks as though its worked but with no end result. Can someone recomend a game that deffo works with gateshark codes so i can test everything is setup correctly.

Thanks.

Dayle Hall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well i tried Pokemon Yellow, Super Mario Bros 2, Starfox 64, Mario Kart 7, Pokemon X and a few more. Ill use Pokemon Yellow as my example. If you have any of the other games let me know.

When Starting the game i get this message

starting app: 0004000000171200
FSUSER_OpenDirectory failed, ret=c8804478FSUSER_OpenDirectory failed, ret=c8804478

Then it go's on to list the proccesses.

When i try and use the Max Item in Slot 1 code i get this

Executing code...
GS | D3 0 8923588 -> [True, 0, 0, 0]
GS | 2 D31E 63 -> [True, 0, 0, 8923588]

So i look at my items but there still the same. Same with the Cashbucks code aswell. All the codes are from http://www.fort42.com/gateshark/game1106/6720/

Oh and yes im running the latest Software.

Deleted member 369977

Felyne Hunter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I quickly tried out the code for pokemon yellow and it worked for me. Did you select the correct process from the list?
e7ae161557c1e620e91531c27b02f477.png

Dayle Hall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I quickly tried out the code for pokemon yellow and it worked for me. Did you select the correct process from the list?
e7ae161557c1e620e91531c27b02f477.png

Oh I seeeee. I assumed because the Gateshark was on another tab i didn't have to do that. Thought it automatically picked it up or something. I'll try this in a sec when the mrs gives me the laptop back :P

Dayle Hall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah that's prob a good idea because I was testing them and getting the numbers and letters and thinking Get In! Haha

Dayle Hall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Noooice one. It worked a treat. Is there anyway of getting the debugger to work with Pokemon X? As soon as i luanch the game it disconnects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1