ROM Hack Model Swapping in Soma Bringer?

CPhantom

The Noob :(
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DarthNemesis said:
War said:
Aw, dammit. I wanted to play as Adonis D:
704. There are a handful of familiar faces after that too.
Thanks for that info Darth, when I get home I'll update the NPC list with it!

I'm actually surprised...non-humanoids didn't crash the game! They just turned out HORRIBLE. Haha. I didn't add them to the list for that reason though.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
So, I was wondering... let's say I picked Forte as my character, and I replace her with Adonis. Does that mean in every cutscene, Forte will look like Adonis and Adonis will look like Forte?

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
War said:
So, I was wondering... let's say I picked Forte as my character, and I replace her with Adonis. Does that mean in every cutscene, Forte will look like Adonis and Adonis will look like Forte?
You could just overlay one of the models rather than swapping them. The 3D character will change, but their cutscene portrait won't.

CPhantom

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So, Adonis is working...

704.png

However, 705 is not loading correctly ;-; tried it on both emu and cart

705.png

this isn't the only one doing this as well, any explanation?

CPhantom

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here are the few characters that will refuse to load correctly on me. It's a shame too, I'd like them to be able to be played >.<

Colonel Getz
Ambicion
Goode
Eleos
Eleos (When Fighting him)

So far, those seem to be the main five that refuse to work properly, I've gotten many of the others to work though. If I'm missing more big characters please inform me.

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CPhantom said:
Here are the few characters that will refuse to load correctly on me. It's a shame too, I'd like them to be able to be played >.<

Colonel Getz
Ambicion
Goode
Eleos

So far, those seem to be the main five that refuse to work properly, I've gotten many of the others to work though. If I'm missing more big characters please inform me.
It seems to make a difference which character you replace. For instance, 716 has a weird face when you replace Jadis, but looks fine when you replace Millers. You may want to try some of the previous failures with different characters.

CPhantom

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DarthNemesis said:
CPhantom said:

Colonel Getz
Ambicion
Goode
Eleos

It seems to make a difference which character you replace. For instance, 716 has a weird face when you replace Jadis, but looks fine when you replace Millers. You may want to try some of the previous failures with different characters.
Hmmm, that is interesting! Glad you pointed that out!

Would you happen to know the mdl file numbers for those five characters then? I didn't write them down, so I totally lost them.

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CPhantom said:

Would you happen to know the mdl file numbers for those five characters then? I didn't write them down, so I totally lost them.
725, 705/714, 707/716, 708/717

Hehe Moo

Moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DarthNemesis, with your program, SomaTrans, do you reckon you could provide a link for me to download the unpacking/repacking tool that you use? T-T I would really like to do the model swapping too, but I don't have the .NET Framework.

Please? =]

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hehe Moo said:
DarthNemesis, with your program, SomaTrans, do you reckon you could provide a link for me to download the unpacking/repacking tool that you use? T-T I would really like to do the model swapping too, but I don't have the .NET Framework.

Please? =]
What are you talking about? SomaTrans is the unpacking tool. You should install the .NET Framework regardless since more and more programs are using it.

bealuvsme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DarthNemesis said:
War said:
Aw, dammit. I wanted to play as Adonis D:704. There are a handful of familiar faces after that too.

QUOTE(bealuvsme @ Oct 14 2008, 06:12 AM) has anyone tried playing multiplayer with swapped models with someone with unswapped ones? i was just wondering how it would affect the game with the unswapped models..like would the two roms be "compatible" for multiplayer.
laugh.gif
No, that's not how multiplayer works. Since the game expects both players to have the same model data, it only transmits the information that is unique to your current game (which character and palette you are using). The original character model will appear to players who are using the unswapped game.

oh. thanks for the info, darth!

CPhantom

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DarthNemesis said:
CPhantom said:

725, 705/714, 707/716, 708/717
Thanks for the numbers! I'll be messing with them when I get home, and I'll inform post them up when they are finished. I enjoy posting the entire screen due to the fact people can see that the model is functioning on those characters properly. Though, they can probably work on others too, I haven't checked.

Also, know any of the humanoid monster addresses? Maybe some could be added to the list just because they work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 4k portrait mode?