[Modding/Repair] Wire Glue for Battery Replacement?

Rocky_D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.areyougoingtostalkme.wtf
XP
Country
Japan
Hey there:D

Would Wire Glue work for exchanging my Battery on the PS Vita OLED?
It seems to be for Low Voltage Applications only

The Connector of the Battery broke of the Mainboard like nothing when i tried to exchange it

i only need the Original so no need for other Batterys and additional Thermisters

I know Soldering is easy and am sure that i can learn absolutely everything,but Soldering feels very uncomfortable.

I have seen on YouTube (Anderxale1) that you can solder direcly to the Motherboard and i think he can be trusted

If you need the Video:

(13:55)

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow! Actually I've never heard of wire glue.

The answer is maybe yes?

Wire glue seems to have ohms of resistance (so does a wire btw) - ohms of resistance reduce the voltage and amperes allowed through.

Placing the wire on the board pads and gluing it there with conductive glue might not reduce voltage at all, might reduce playtime, or might keep the Vita from reading above 3.35v and stay off.

Gluing the white wire from the battery (Thermistor) would be fine as it is 10,000 ohm. Adding 10ohm (for bad glue) isn't much.

The red and black wires are the question.

I'm guessing that it would work fine as the wire would be touching the pads below the broken conductor and the glue is really just keeping the wire there. It should barely reduce voltage or not at all - worth a try! (I want to try!).

You can use the original battery if it's ok. If you want to use a different lithium 3.7v battery you will need an extremely cheap Thermistor.

Reactions: Rocky_D

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also - you can take your vita, your batttery, and a connector with 3 pins (both male and female parts) to a phone repair place.

Show them the solder points from the video and usually they are willing to do the quick solder for a few bucks.
8e63edd43bde6113e4609138c9b3f950.jpg

Pins from the connector and the corresponding pads. Sorry, purple is black so it can be noticed easier.
90b17ae4b7f76dcf88133bf217f5a5e4.jpg

Last edited by Anderxale,
Reactions: Rocky_D

Rocky_D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Japan
So i
Wow! Actually I've never heard of wire glue.

The answer is maybe yes?

Wire glue seems to have ohms of resistance (so does a wire btw) - ohms of resistance reduce the voltage and amperes allowed through.

Placing the wire on the board pads and gluing it there with conductive glue might not reduce voltage at all, might reduce playtime, or might keep the Vita from reading above 3.35v and stay off.

Gluing the white wire from the battery (Thermistor) would be fine as it is 10,000 ohm. Adding 10ohm (for bad glue) isn't much.

The red and black wires are the question.

I'm guessing that it would work fine as the wire would be touching the pads below the broken conductor and the glue is really just keeping the wire there. It should barely reduce voltage or not at all - worth a try! (I want to try!).

You can use the original battery if it's ok. If you want to use a different lithium 3.7v battery you will need an extremely cheap Thermistor.

So It's the one men himself who replies...

You know after watching all of your Videos i already figured you don't know about Wire Glue and after reading my Post you'd be out there looking for info:D

In forums i checked peaple are always like "Just solder the damn thing!" and Reviews on YouTube are crappy and worthless-> there is no Love for it:D

Thanks to your Reply i think this wil work and you will likely make Video on it:D I think this will help a lot Guys:]

This combined with your findings in the replacement Battery Mod with the plugs could be a... SolderlessBrokeYourConnectorExchangableBstteryMod :D

Reactions: Anderxale

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey there:D

Would Wire Glue work for exchanging my Battery on the PS Vita OLED?
It seems to be for Low Voltage Applications only

The Connector of the Battery broke of the Mainboard like nothing when i tried to exchange it

i only need the Original so no need for other Batterys and additional Thermisters

I know Soldering is easy and am sure that i can learn absolutely everything,but Soldering feels very uncomfortable.

I have seen on YouTube (Anderxale1) that you can solder direcly to the Motherboard and i think he can be trusted

If you need the Video:

(13:55)

Maybe.
I'm not sure it will be a lasting repair but it should work.
What you don't want is for the resistance to be so high that the joint heats up and potentially leads to melting of the insulation, which could then lead to a short.
After doing the repair, you should measure the resistance of the connection with a multimeter, just to make sure it won't cause a problem.
Tape the wire down or better yet use hot glue so it can't move around. This isn't a good fix, hot glue will cause a mess later if you need to remove it. But you shouldn't trust the wire glue on its own to hold up long term as the wire moving around will stress the joint. And tape doesn't hold very well either.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: Anderxale

Rocky_D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Japan
Well Guys i have one more up my sleeve:D

Some Time ago i found something else:

What about 'Soldering Paste'? (keep reading)

This is a Paste-Like Substance-not to be mistaken with flux-that you can put on your Connectors,stick in the Cable and then Heat it up in Order to make it Hard and Solid:D

Videos on YouTube targeting this method are crap:D But its a proof of concept:] This should be as stable as Soldering

P.S.: I don't even think it has to be SUPER stable...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"