Modding Kotor

habla2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did anyone try mods like Jedi from the start? Do those work too?

I never imagined that a switch release made me wanna play this game again so much. :D

otarnis

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The one i'm struggle with is this one : super skip taris which allow to skip endar spire and Taris (God i'm sick of thoses)
@deathblade200 : thank you for your tutorial which allow me to mod my game ^^)

habla2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@otarnis
maybe you have other mods that interfere with that one? you can try to only use that one and after being on dantoine, save and drop the mod and then add all others you want to use.

i had crashes with the hide headpieces mod when i entered appartments in lower taris, no idea why.

deathblade200

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@otarnis
maybe you have other mods that interfere with that one? you can try to only use that one and after being on dantoine, save and drop the mod and then add all others you want to use.

i had crashes with the hide headpieces mod when i entered appartments in lower taris, no idea why.
problem with this is to put it simply some mod files are only read once during making a new save and won't work otherwise

habla2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thats true, but since this skip taris mod is made for the beginning, i don't think it will affect savegames too much later, if you delete it and mods that affect later parts shouldn't make too much problems in a savegame that starts on Dantoine.

most of texture, model or other replacement mods should work.

too bad TGA mods don't seem to work at all :(

TeddyBearYoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats true, but since this skip taris mod is made for the beginning, i don't think it will affect savegames too much later, if you delete it and mods that affect later parts shouldn't make too much problems in a savegame that starts on Dantoine.

most of texture, model or other replacement mods should work.

too bad TGA mods don't seem to work at all :(
As far as I'm aware there's no real reason to use .tga over .tpc since they look the same in-game and .tpc performs better (as far as I've heard), I believe it should be possible to convert them

I can't get texture mods to work for me period though, UCO does nothing regardless if I'm on a new save or not

Last edited by TeddyBearYoshi,

habla2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Right, i couldn't get texture or portrait to work neither.

btw patch 1.0.2 is out, no more big battle text box and ingame cheats.

PhoenixWynd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I must have missed it. I’ll read again.

EDIT: Got it working, thanks.
Do you have to have a home brew type app on your switch in order for this to work cause I’m unsure of how to find the correct folder to install mods to if you don’t (I just have OLED switch no brew apps)

Natural

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have to have a home brew type app on your switch in order for this to work cause I’m unsure of how to find the correct folder to install mods to if you don’t (I just have OLED switch no brew apps)

The folders are under atmosphere/content/gameid. I've begun trying to install older and more recent mods with TLSPatcher but I'm confused and have little idea of what I am doing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: