Modding Kotor

deathblade200

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Modding Kotor works about the same as NeverWinter Nights so its pretty simple to do. I tested it with Kotor restoration 1 and will provide the folder layout which should work with other mods as well. you probably don't have to sort certain override files into specific folders but thats how it was in the base game so I did it to be safe. the dialog.tlk provided is already patched for the restoration mod you just need to provide the mod files. you will know right away if the restoration mod is working when you can change the difficulty to "impossible".

some mods will only work if you start a new game for example if you use the restoration mod on a previous save some things will work while others won't like the Droid Bartender will not be restored in the Cantina nor the Arena Announcer (among many other things) so i'd suggest doing all your mods before starting a game

Attachments

• 0100854015868000.7z
    965.7 KB · Views: 141
Last edited by deathblade200,

deathblade200

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure what im doing wrong but no mods are working for me
you have to know the proper layout of the mods. for example I found out the layout of the restoration mod by making an empty folder on my computer putting the dialog.tlk file in it (since the mod only requires it for patching) and then I ran the installer included with the restoration patch which then added all the mod files to that new folder in their proper folders. from that point i just compared them to whats included in the base game and the base game includes all the same folders as well as a few extra (most likely unnecessary) override folders so I knew mods would work. some mods also will only work on a new game

Last edited by deathblade200,

deathblade200

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im mainly trying texture override mods
everything I've personally tried has worked but some things refuse to work unless you start a new game idk if thats the case for textures or not. just drop files directly into the override folder because from my testing they dont seem to need the extra folders

Reactions: Natural

FFTW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have to know the proper layout of the mods. for example I found out the layout of the restoration mod by making an empty folder on my computer putting the dialog.tlk file in it (since the mod only requires it for patching) and then I ran the installer included with the restoration patch which then added all the mod files to that new folder in their proper folders. from that point i just compared them to whats included in the base game and the base game includes all the same folders as well as a few extra (most likely unnecessary) override folders so I knew mods would work. some mods also will only work on a new game
I am a console gamer, so I am not used to installing mods. can you please post a step by step guide for installing mods to KOTOR (Particularly the restoration mod, and other mods too)? thanks :)

deathblade200

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a console gamer, so I am not used to installing mods. can you please post a step by step guide for installing mods to KOTOR (Particularly the restoration mod, and other mods too)? thanks :)
instead of me having to write a shitload just use the folder with dialog.tlk in it as the installation folder

Reactions: FFTW

FFTW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
instead of me having to write a shitload just use the folder with dialog.tlk in it as the installation folder

Just watched it. Thanks, but what to do after I extracted the mods to have the switch recognize and use them? should I place everything in the Override folder in the base game? or replace the same stuff in the base game? also, can I install multiple mods on KOTOR switch concurrently, like the restoration mod+the new planet mod+ the Yavin 4 mod?

also, another question: I am currently playing on switch a pretty cool CRPG game called "ATOM RPG", and it has a few PC mods that I would love to have (like the no weight one, as I hate the "encumbered" mechanic lol), but some of its mods state that they need to be installed by something called "unity mod manager". Is there a way to have these mods work on the switch version too?

Thanks for all the help :)

deathblade200

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just watched it. Thanks, but what to do after I extracted the mods to have the switch recognize and use them? should I place everything in the Override folder in the base game? or replace the same stuff in the base game? also, can I install multiple mods on KOTOR switch concurrently, like the restoration mod+the new planet mod+ the Yavin 4 mod?

also, another question: I am currently playing on switch a pretty cool CRPG game called "ATOM RPG", and it has a few PC mods that I would love to have (like the no weight one, as I hate the "encumbered" mechanic lol), but some of its mods state that they need to be installed by something called "unity mod manager". Is there a way to have these mods work on the switch version too?

Thanks for all the help :)
this is for layeredfs the folder I provided goes in the atmosphere/contents folder. you can try different mods but there is no way I can tell you about compatibility between all of them. I know nothing about "Atom RPG" so I have no clue

FFTW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is for layeredfs the folder I provided goes in the atmosphere/contents folder. you can try different mods but there is no way I can tell you about compatibility between all of them. I know nothing about "Atom RPG" so I have no clue
Thanks. As a general question though, can mods using Unity Mod Manager be installed on switch? So I can know whether there is a chance that will work or not.

t34p075

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying to mod KOTOR using the manual method...doing the restoration mod which you said is working...I downloaded and copied everything from the tslpatcher folder into the 'override' folder on my switch (I setup layeredfs and it's working already). I'm assuming I did something wrong, but since I am not on Windows I can't just run the TSLPatch so I'm not sure what file structure to use...can you help?

deathblade200

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying to mod KOTOR using the manual method...doing the restoration mod which you said is working...I downloaded and copied everything from the tslpatcher folder into the 'override' folder on my switch (I setup layeredfs and it's working already). I'm assuming I did something wrong, but since I am not on Windows I can't just run the TSLPatch so I'm not sure what file structure to use...can you help?
ive already answered both of these things in previous posts

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"