modding issue

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Rogue_Ninja, Apr 28, 2011.

Apr 28, 2011

modding issue by Rogue_Ninja at 5:36 PM (488 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Rogue_Ninja
    OP

Member Rogue_Ninja GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Okay so I followed directions to a T in the sticky above for modding my 1001 everything goes well but when i try to play games they dont load just get an error. This is the 3rd psp ive done and have not had this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. realveemon

Member realveemon GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Check the iso load driver.. m33, np9660 and inferno are some drivers. The inferno driver is really good..

Does anyone know why this is? and by that i mean get technical

3. Rogue_Ninja
    OP

United States
    Cant seem to get that menu to come up on this psp. On my other I just hit select and the menu to change it comes up

4. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™

United States
    Some PSPs, to my experience, just CAN NOT bring the VSH menu up. I don't know why (I think it has to do with motherboards, there was a 1000 Mobo with hacking issues back in the day).

You can try to go into the Recovery menu by holding r and starting it up after a complete shutdown. check the settings and see if VSH menu is disabled.

Another possibility is that the select button is broken. Try playing a game and testing it (Monster hunter, for example, will make the player kick lol).

EDIT: also know all the stuff in the VSH can be changed in the Recovery menu, too, so if it wont work just use that.

5. Rogue_Ninja
    OP

United States

I got into the recovery menu and vsh was enabled. I did change the umd mode to m33 driver no umd and then I was able to load a game. Any other way to tell if select is broken I dont have any of the MH series.

6. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom