Hardware Modding a switch with a broken usb port

Op07ita

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey guys, i bought and repaired a nintendo switch, the traces of the usb port were ripped off due to a previous repair attempt. I managed to fix the front pin row (the visible ones, all pins fully connected). Can i still mod it knowing that the usb port isn't fully functional? Serial number is xaj700192.. Is patched or not? A online website tell me it's patched but on the guide it doesn't seem to be patched by the serial.

de9ed

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I dont think its patch. you can try tegrarcm and inject hekate. if you only fix one side of the pins on the usb, does dock feature still work ?

stny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, i bought and repaired a nintendo switch, the traces of the usb port were ripped off due to a previous repair attempt. I managed to fix the front pin row (the visible ones, all pins fully connected). Can i still mod it knowing that the usb port isn't fully functional? Serial number is xaj700192.. Is patched or not? A online website tell me it's patched but on the guide it doesn't seem to be patched by the serial.

Taken from here :: ""suchmememanyskill.github.io/guides/switchserials/""

XAJ70000000000 to XAJ70040000000 -- unpatched
XAJ70040000000 to XAJ70050000000 -- potentially patched
XAJ70050000000 and up --- patched

according to this you should be fine

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know what's the most trustable source about the serials, or whether you just need to try and see. If you can't get payloads pushed through the USB port then there are the internal points you can connect to instead, see the modchip wiring guides.

Reactions: stny

Op07ita

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
With only one side of the usb c working you can't dock it. I tried pushing the payload and it works, managed to get atmosfere working so all good.

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Might sound like a daft comment. But there are other docks (3rd party) which may work as they allow the ubc to go in any way around (more of a double than a dock). They use less voltage too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel