Modded Wii that won't play games

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by bubblepopelectri, Mar 26, 2009.

Mar 26, 2009
  1. bubblepopelectri
    OP

Newcomer bubblepopelectri Member

United States
    Hello;

Sorry to bother everyone. I am trying to be respectful here and follow your rules, and I have looked at the other guides and walkthroughs that you have posed but I don't really understand how to solve my problem.

I'm a complete techophobe. I had someone do something to my wii (no idea what it was, I think the jargon is along the lines of soft modded or hard modded perhaps?). I don't know if they did it with an SD card or otherwise.

The issue is they charged me a lot of money to do it, and now want even more to back up games [​IMG].

I was hoping to find out how to back up games myself so that I could save some cash. I've used the walkthrough on your site to patch a game, and then burned it to dvd, but it doesn't play. The error I get is Disc read error 324.

My wii was returned with two new channels on it:
    Homebrew: which when i start it doesn't actually have any options on it, there are just bubbles on a blue background. If I press home on my wii remote, it says in the top left 1.0.1 IOS36 v4.18, and top right: network not initialized.

Wiigator Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma IOS249. I understand that I need to load games from here but it won't load the item that i burned to disc, it displays the error above.

Also i can not access the news channel or the wii shop channel, I can't seem to go online with it at all.

Is there any chance that someone could please point me in to the right direction to what I need to do to burn games myself so that I don't have to pay £10 for each back up copy???

Thanks so much for your time reading this [​IMG] If any one needs tips on makeup or shopping I'll be glad to help in return!

xxx

2. dogeggs

Newcomer dogeggs Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Makeup and shopping? hmmm? learn to burn here and pls don't spend any more tenners!

3. bubblepopelectri
    OP

Newcomer bubblepopelectri Member

United States
    Thanks for the quick reply. The burn guide was very useful. I'll be purchasing verbatim disks this afternoon!

Can you tell from my info if i have a soft modded wii or if there has been a chip inserted? Also do you know why I wouldn't be able to access the internet via my wii?

Hope not to drain your brains too much!