Hacking Modded Wii, Graphics distortion

tntbum

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just modded my wii vs. 4.3, everthing seems to be working very well with the exception of the graphics seem to distort while in Wii Menus or while playing games, does anyone know what may be causing this or if it can be fixed, or am i just the unlucky one.

Also many thanks for all the work put into guides, links, etc... made life much easier even for a noob (at Wiis anyhow!)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

ntsc

Memino

Trophies
XP
Country
I had a similar problem that was cured by changing refresh rate from 50hz to 60hz in wii settings>screen>Tv type (mine's a pal wii). Maybe that's the problem?

Edit: Just read you can't change refresh rate on a ntsc wii but you can change resolution, I doubt that would do anything.

tntbum

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 60" Super Wega Sony LCD

In Wii settings it is set to 16x9 yet it still puts the signal to my tv in 4:3, I did make sure the tv input was on normal, I can zoom in through the tv but the wii still gives me a 4:3

The resolution is set to 480i on the wii, the 480p is not availabi, my tv is capable of 1080i

The distortion on the wii looks vaguely like bars running vertically where the pixels seem to be having problems.

Lexip;

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like this? Is it an older wii?

img0270cs5.jpg

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The picture looks like the wii graphic card is broken.... But I hope that it's not this what I think, this could mean that your cooler is too slow and not only the graphic card get too hot...

tntbum

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is very much like what it looks like, it just started since I modded, I figured it might be a programming error.

Do they make extra fans or a way to fix.

It is older, maybe 3+ year.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
tntbum said:
That is very much like what it looks like, it just started since I modded, I figured it might be a programming error.

Do they make extra fans or a way to fix.

It is older, maybe 3+ year.

Yes, there is one you plug in to your USB ports and it helps extra. Also I seen some stand som where also. Ebay have a lot of them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Gy3BOmvLf2w?list=OLAK5uy_k27izUIERfT-RIE1qN1CHIOIkW4h5A9BY Play this song if...