modded my wii. i need help playing games without disk??

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by videokid14, Sep 27, 2014.

1. videokid14
    OP

videokid14 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2014
    United States
    Lake Milton, Ohio
    ok all i softmodded my wii some time ago and really dont remember what i did to do it. i DO have homebrew channel installed. how can i load and play full games from sd without a disk??? (kids cant take care of discs and want to store them as a backup so they dont get scratched and ruined....again) :(

2. cobleman

cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2009
    Australia
    Use a hard drive compatible with all loaders look up UsbloaderGx WiiFlow Configurable USB Loader

3. videokid14
    OP

videokid14 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2014
    United States
    Lake Milton, Ohio
    ok all, my wii was toast so i had to get another. cant remember how i modded it so can someone help me try and mod my wii again??? all i want to do is 2 things with it.

1. copy my wii disks to a hard drive and play that game from the hard drive with no disc needed.
    2. stream movies to wii from computer to watch.

i dont know what kind of hard drive to get. can someone help me figure all this out??

4. GoldenBullet

GoldenBullet That One Guy

Oct 27, 2014
    United States
    I recommend you to letter bomb your wii. Look it up on youtube.
    How much space is on your sd card? I recommend a flash drive.
    Also tell me what games do you want to back up.
    All Games have different file sizes.

Once you tell me that then I will give you a tutorial on how to back up the games

Also, are the games still readable?

5. GoldenBullet

Oct 27, 2014
    United States
    Netflix and other movie providers still work if you mod your wii but you can still watch from your pc.

1: Watching from a website:
    There is a homebrew app that allows you to display pc on wii.
    Maybe not the best quality but it works.

2: Watching from a video file.
    There probably is a video player for homebrew

6. videokid14
    OP

videokid14 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2014
    United States
    Lake Milton, Ohio

hi i have skylanders giants and swap force and cars2 and spongebob i have an 8gb micro sd card with and sd adapter i wanted to use

7. GoldenBullet

Oct 27, 2014
    United States
    Since you only have 8gb then you probably only could backup 2 games (if you are lucky, maybe 3).

Sorry but Im not sure you can backup your games to an sd card but you try using this tut: http://lifehacker.com/5518518/how-to-back-up-and-play-your-wii-games-from-an-external-hard-drive

If you still want to use the sd card then I think it will work if you use this program on your computer:
    Wii Backup Manager

I never tested it before so it might not work.
    First: Open Wii Backup Manager
    Second: Go to the drive tab
    Third: There is a place named Inactive, click on it and change it to you sd card volume (F:,G:)
    Fourth: It should say there is no wbfs folder and asks you to create one, click yes. (Make sure it is in fat format, formatting erases everything)
    Wii backup loaders should now be able to use the sd card

I would try either usb loader gx or WiiFlow to backup your games.
    All you have to do is put in you game into the wii

In USB Loader GX: Once you put in your game, it should prompt you to install the game
    In WiiFlow: Go to settings (in WiiFlow) and go to the second page (I think). One of the options will say: Install Game from disk

There you go.
    I really recommend that you use a usb. It is easier to use.
    You should also install wads to your wii that act as channels. It will be better for kids to quickly open the channel (USB LOADER GX or WiiFLow)