modchipsdirect

ModChipsDirect

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow I haven't logged into my gbatemp account for years.

I care about my customers. So much that I haven't had more than 4 or 5 consecutive hours of sleep in the last couple of weeks.

The delays from the team are annoying, but they happen. Some stores ordered after us and got stock before us, we cannot help that.
We didn't even get our full shipment, just a part of it.

Me emailing them doesn't make the products come out of the factory faster. Patience is hard when there is insane hype and I can understand that.

I don't mind customers emailing us, but it is hard to work so hard to please everyone and then have someone email like that, and then post the conversation online like it will somehow help anything out. It is just the customers ego being bruised because after all of the pressure we are under I don't have the energy to deal with it.

I always have respect for respectful customers. But we are not some big corporation and we don't suck up to rude customers. If we mess up, sure, its on us. But we haven't done anything wrong here.

There is some stat like 20% of your customers take up 80% of your time? Something like that.
Your emails dictates that you are one of those 'problem' customers, so I have cancelled your order on our website. Provided a full refund. Cancelled your order on our shipping system that I already uploaded yesterday. There is some lucky guy that was first in line in the 2nd batch that will get your order.

This isn't some soupnazi style business, but if you are emailing us just remember there is an actual human being on the other end. Not a robot.

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country

I care about my customers. So much that I haven't had more than 4 or 5 consecutive hours of sleep in the last couple of weeks.

The delays from the team are annoying, but they happen. Some stores ordered after us and got stock before us, we cannot help that.

Me emailing them doesn't make the products come out of the factory faster. Patience is hard when there is insane hype and I can understand that.

I don't mind customers emailing us, but it is hard to work so hard to please everyone and then have someone email like that, and then post the conversation online like it will somehow help anything out. It is just the customers ego being bruised because after all of the pressure we are under I don't have the energy to deal with it.

I always have respect for respectful customers. But we are not some big corporation and we don't suck up to rude customers. If we mess up, sure, its on us. But we haven't done anything wrong here.

There is some stat like 20% of your customers take up 80% of your time? Something like that.
Your emails dictates that you are one of those 'problem' customers, so I have cancelled your order on our website. Provided a full refund. Cancelled your order on our shipping system that I already uploaded yesterday. There is some lucky guy that was first in line in the 2nd batch that will get your order.

This isn't some soupnazi style business, but if you are emailing us just remember there is an actual human being on the other end. Not a robot.
Good reply. Now back to it.

pcgeek52

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Online shopping for modchips has changed dramatically since ps2 says. I had to wait 2 freaking months when swap magic was first released. Maybe there were not as many message boards back then but I didn't see a whole lot of where the *@&#; is my *#*,$&#*;

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
Online shopping for modchips has changed dramatically since ps2 says. I had to wait 2 freaking months when swap magic was first released. Maybe there were not as many message boards back then but I didn't see a whole lot of where the *@&#; is my *#*,$&#*;
Not as many message boards and not as much entitlement.

pcgeek52

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not as many message board and not as much entitlement.
Waiting a few weeks when swap magic and flip tops were around would have been a miracle! I thought a few months on these products was pretty normal, but maybe things have changed a lot. While I'm off topic does anyone know who was actually behind the creation of swap magic?

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Shadow LAG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no i am not you shut you moth too.

2wf4586.jpg

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well you got my business, I just ordered the SX OS from you.

Last edited by Shadow LAG,
Reactions: jrl5k and pcgeek52

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks for taking some time to address the issues some have here. Seems the OP was very entitled and your responses make sense to me. Your business, so you can chose who to service and give their order to someone else who isn't harassing or barraging you with snobby remarks.

I got a response that my order would be shipped the product would be received Friday afternoon and I can't wait! Thanks for giving us some local service in the US, makes the wait and stress of dealing and waiting around with customs a little lighter.

Last edited by Maximilious,

gamer4lif3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry but if u cant handle unlimited orders u should close the option of purchasing more from website. Just admit u bit off more than u can chew.

Reactions: tbb043

morrison22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry but if u cant handle unlimited orders u should close the option of purchasing more from website. Just admit u bit off more than u can chew.

What is it that they cannot handle? They were waiting for a shipment from china that they had zero control over while it was shipping to them until they physically received it.. which they did and they are now packing orders. So what is the issue?

morrison22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yet they continue to take more orders they should stop untill corrected.

Just because 1 shipment got delayed doesn't mean future shipments will get delayed. What business stops taking orders when they can be fulfilled. They have shipping updates posted on the product page that you can clearly see prior to ordering, so if you are not comfortable with what it says, you can order elsewhere. Otherwise, get in line like the rest of us. It's really that simple.

ninjadudexp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Good you should have just cancelled his order no reason for a customer to be rude though, were all still waiting. Just buy an OS code from somewhere else in the mean time thats what i did. Didnt cancel my order been dealing with Modchipdirect for a long time they are reliable and always respone to issues. This is a brand new product that everyone wants, same thing happened with gateway, nothing they can do its the shipment from china that gets it delayed not modchip so the anger is really misplaced

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My experience modchipsdirect customer service was very good. I emailed them because my card kept getting declined, and I was given a phone number to call. The guy who answered was very casual, but friendly and helped me figure put my bank was rejecting the transaction and we got it sorted out.

They seem to be more-or-less a one-man show, so I'd cut them some slack.

210modz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, stop bugging them and let them do their job. If not, cancel your order and wait even longer. It's that simple. I'm sure they get hundreds of emails a day from self entitled little shits that won't patiently wait like everyone else has to. Coming here and crying about it doesn't make them look bad. It makes you look bad.

jringo718

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While the topic creator was acting pretty rude about this, I think cancelling his order and rubbing in how it was so close to shipping is rather petty.

I have ordered a couple of things from them in the past and I was waiting on stock to clear up to order but I guess I won't. I know that won't affect anything, but still.

The customer being rude was already met with MCD CS snapping back in their exchange. It should have stopped there since everybody in the thread already saw the topic creator was in the wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far