Trophies
XP
Country
United States
expect 1-2 weeks for batch 1 and 3-4 more weeks for batch 2 guys

b2 shipped June 27 from china (7-10 days) to arrive in usa
b2 packaging and placing orders (7-10days) to ship out
b2 shipping to your house or p.o. box (7-10 days) to receive

I estimate a 15-30 day wait for batch 2 on this dy June27. Anything longer than 30 days demand a full refund, no -7% bs.

The problem with your timetable is that batch 1 people were told the item has been "in hand" for 7 days now yet not a single one has shipped. Once the SX Pro's arrive at MCD headquarters, they apparently sit there for some random number of weeks before they'll ship. Batch order 2 shipped from China on the 26th or 27th (but seeing as how MCD has been caught lying more than once now, don't assume that June 26/27 ship date is accurate) and lets say it takes 10 days to get to the USA. It will sit at MCD for at least 7 days, probably more, before the fulfillment center gets them and since they don't work on days of the week that end in 'y', there is no way of know if/when you'll get your order.

Cancel your order and move on.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I feel bad for the guy but at the same time it just sucks. I just wish MCD had a better customer notification system in place where buyers can at least truly know when their order will ship. If it's unknown, say so and the hate emails and posts will stop.

Offer the option for the customer to wait it out, offer a discount, or cancel. As a business, when presenting a message or reply in a message or forum, type neatly and make your points clear and precise. And for goodness sake, don't attack the customer, ever, regardless how they treat you. (You called me a liar so I'm gonna cancel your order) neener neener neener, Seriously? Source

Please, Basic Customer Service etiquette. No one should have to keep checking posts on a forum to see if anyone reported receiving an e-mail from MCD with an update. Send everyone that ordered a mass e-mail and them what is going on. Otherwise this is really going to hurt future business.

To make up for the lies, when batch 1 actually arrives (and it hasn't yet), he should overnight all the packages for free.

Scottla94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem with your timetable is that batch 1 people were told the item has been "in hand" for 7 days now yet not a single one has shipped. Once the SX Pro's arrive at MCD headquarters, they apparently sit there for some random number of weeks before they'll ship. Batch order 2 shipped from China on the 26th or 27th (but seeing as how MCD has been caught lying more than once now, don't assume that June 26/27 ship date is accurate) and lets say it takes 10 days to get to the USA. It will sit at MCD for at least 7 days, probably more, before the fulfillment center gets them and since they don't work on days of the week that end in 'y', there is no way of know if/when you'll get your order.

To make up for the lies, when batch 1 actually arrives (and it hasn't yet), he should overnight all the packages for free.

Im starting to think about it i mean what if he does come through and you get a defective unit

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel bad for the guy but at the same time it just sucks. I just wish MCD had a better customer notification system in place where buyers can at least truly know when their order will ship. If it's unknown, say so and the hate emails and posts will stop.

Offer the option for the customer to wait it out, offer a discount, or cancel. As a business, when presenting a message or reply in a message or forum, type neatly and make your points clear and precise. And for goodness sake, don't attack the customer, ever, regardless how they treat you. (You called me a liar so I'm gonna cancel your order) neener neener neener, Seriously? Source

Please, Basic Customer Service etiquette. No one should have to keep checking posts on a forum to see if anyone reported receiving an e-mail from MCD with an update. Send everyone that ordered a mass e-mail and them what is going on. Otherwise this is really going to hurt future business.

the other usa companies aren't doing hot either, (from the other posts). This isn't anything new, when dstwo came out there as an impatience fiasco and when gateway came out there was another impatience fiasco

Reactions: osaka35

morrison22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the other usa companies aren't doing hot either, (from the other posts). This isn't anything new, when dstwo came out there as an impatience fiasco and when gateway came out there was another impatience fiasco

I believe that. I am tempted to order another one from China and have it sent to the US. Then see which arrives first. At least make a game of this mess.

Last edited by morrison22,
Reactions: Gunz4Hire

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im starting to think about it i mean what if he does come through and you get a defective unit

If he does come through (isn't happening any time soon) and you need to return it because it's defective or somebody hacked your code somehow ...... I guess you'll be waiting another 2+ months for a replacement part. There are soooooooo many ways to make a generic dongle, just go that route and buy the license.

Realistically, I wouldn't be shocked if Atmosphere or ReiNX is officially released before he manages to ship a single SX Pro.

Scottla94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If he does come through (isn't happening any time soon) and you need to return it because it's defective or somebody hacked your code somehow ...... I guess you'll be waiting another 2+ months for a replacement part. There are soooooooo many ways to make a generic dongle, just go that route and buy the license.

Realistically, I wouldn't be shocked if Atmosphere or ReiNX is officially released before he manages to ship a single SX Pro.

Im leaning more towards he wont even bother to replace at all let alone months

Artwebb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is not just MDC issue, if you search around a lot of suppliers have not shipped batch 1 orders either. Seems like the most popular websites got overwhelmed with orders while the ones that only had a few were able to send out their few units to their customers. Here's one example. https://gbatemp.net/threads/shop01media-shipping-info.507756/

It's for sure a MCD issue. They have had them in hand for 6 days. With no update besides next week. Lol It doesn't take that long to pop them in envelopes and ship out.

And with the holiday for Canada Monday, them US on Wednesday we aren't going to get these anytime soon.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's for sure a MCD issue. They have had them in hand for 6 days. With no update besides next week. Lol It doesn't take that long to pop them in envelopes and ship out.

And with the holiday for Canada Monday, them US on Wednesday we aren't going to get these anytime soon.
resellers in uk that have had them for way longer and are still processing orders.... so I don't see what good it does to complain. I'll just keep waiting as long as it takes since i'm not going to do something stupid like cancelling. lol

since you cancelled your order I guess you're going to be in the Modchipsdirect threads bickering for at least 2 more months. ROFL

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

my 'estimated' time table. Im assuming they have to manually packed every single item of each unit plus do the shipping labels themselves. It could take WAY longer. If you've ever worked at a production factory, its not a fast and easy task. we're talking 50k+ units at a packing and shipping rate of maybe 100-300 units/hr on 5-10hr/day per person plus customer service. these dongles and flashcards arent giant businesses, these 'companies' are probably a work at home business and their 'warehouse' is most likely just a their home/storage unit.

Reactions: comput3rus3r

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my 'estimated' time table. Im assuming they have to manually packed every single item of each unit plus do the shipping labels themselves. It could take WAY longer. If you've ever worked at a production factory, its not a fast and easy task. we're talking 50k+ units at a packing and shipping rate of maybe 100-300 units/hr on 5-10hr/day per person plus customer service. these dongles and flashcards arent giant businesses, these 'companies' are probably a work at home business and their 'warehouse' is most likely just a their home/storage unit.

Even so, you'd have a trickle of them being sent out on a daily basis. They haven't sent a SINGLE ONE to anybody.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even so, you'd have a trickle of them being sent out on a daily basis. They haven't sent a SINGLE ONE to anybody.
get over it. how about you talk about where you ordered it from now and how fast that's going? are you on like batch 4? maybe Santa Claus will bring it to you.

Reactions: gameboy

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
get over it. how about you talk about where you ordered it from now and how fast that's going? are you on like batch 4? maybe Santa Claus will bring it to you.

i remember Gateway3ds taking even longer and then sky3ds taking long too, its how modchipsdirect took first place as being the best because their business was just better than the other companies

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Trust me, I'm over it. I ordered from SwitchSX for Switch # 1 and since I have a second Switch, I think I'm going to build a jig and order a license for the 2nd one this weekend. I know that I'm probably part of batch 54 with SwitchSX but no big deal to me. I can wait. And before you cry about "well, why couldn't you just wait for MCD". It's not that I'm impatient, I just don't like how they're lying to people.

Reactions: Scottla94

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trust me, I'm over it. I ordered from SwitchSX for Switch # 1 and since I have a second Switch, I think I'm going to build a jig and order a license for the 2nd one this weekend. I know that I'm probably part of batch 54 with SwitchSX but no big deal to me. I can wait. And before you cry about "well, why couldn't you just wait for MCD". It's not that I'm impatient, I just don't like how they're lying to people.

im waiting for the first and maybe second actual banwave, could care less about mcd. I remember seeing a 'late june-early july' on their page when i ordered. i could be wrong and maybe it was just my common sense telling me thats when it actually ship because ive seen this fiasco many times before

Artwebb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My issue isn't the waiting. My issue is the lack of updates. I'd much rather be told yah it's not coming till July 9th than checking and checking to see the no such update.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im waiting for the first and maybe second actual banwave, could care less about mcd. I remember seeing a 'late june-early july' on their page when i ordered. i could be wrong and maybe it was just my common sense telling me thats when it actually ship because ive seen this fiasco many times before
look at the thread i made on june 5 predicting a july 15th delivery. Looks like i was right all along.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/sx-pro-prediction.506398/

"I for one know I won't be getting it from modchipsdirect till july something. But I'm sure people in the east will have it sooner because geography." I wrote this on June 6.

Last edited by comput3rus3r,

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Spend 50 hours playing the game