Mod chip and custom firmwares

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Drillakilla, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Drillakilla
    OP

Drillakilla Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    London, England
    Hi gang.

I have my switchme installed and having a blast. Running Hekate and Reinx.

Questions

1. How do I load SX OS, is there a way to boot this from Hekate as a payload, I've tried and it doesn't recognise file

2. XCI and keys. I'm about to try 4nxci. But am wary I will need keys are there any tools for this?

2. Ashura66

Ashura66 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    If you're running ReiNX why would you want to run SX OS? Also SX OS doesn't run backups without a purchased license, it only runs homebrew

3. Spunky247

Spunky247 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2018
    Germany
    What do you mean with backups without a license wont run? All my backups are running perfectly! Dont want to advertise sx OS.... Reinx is also very fine ✌️ didn t you mix something?

Last edited by Spunky247, Oct 10, 2018
  4. Ashura66

Ashura66 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    SX OS will not run backups if you don't buy the license. You probably bought the Pro bundle which already comes with a license for the OS plus the dongle and jig

Draxzelex and Spunky247 like this.
  5. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    I guess you're trying to load the boot.dat from hekate? You need to load the payload.bin from the sx os website (listed as SX Loader 1.0) from hekate and it will launch the boot.dat as normal.

6. Spunky247

Spunky247 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2018
    Germany
    Okay now i understand what you mean. Yes, Team Executer is interested in making profit of a console hack and i also dont like this that much! I bought the licence for less than 15 € and that was it worth for me at that time. But i also prefer a free solution. I did it because of the xci loader... Shame on me^^

7. Drillakilla
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    London, England
    I don't mind paying for a licence if it works well. I just want to try It out first.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

So there is a a payload bin file. I downloaded sx 2.0 and it only had a zip file with day inside. I copied that to payloads folder.

8. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Yeah you can get it from the official sx os website (I can't link it here, but it was the first result when I googled "SX Loader 1.0"). Click "Download" at the top, then currently the third red button is "Download SX Loader 1.0", which is the payload.bin. You can rename it on your sd card if you want it to be more obvious which payload it is.

9. Drillakilla
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    London, England
    Thanks mate. The best thing I can see about it is it loads xci no problems which seem to be more common. Do I still need keys for the games when running SX os?

hippy dave likes this.
  10. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    You can run any xci files or install any nsp files you download without having to worry about keys.

11. Drillakilla
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    London, England
    Got you. Thanks mate

hippy dave likes this.
  12. Drillakilla
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    London, England
    . Once I've loaded the bin, is it easy enough to purchase the licence and upgrade from within the firmware to 2.0?

Last edited by Drillakilla, Oct 11, 2018