MMORPG Recommendations?

VLinh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, the christmas break has rolled in, and I got pretty much nothing to do than play Left 4 Dead 2 all day so:

If anyone could recommend so MMORPG's that are good to your liking suggest it to me, I just need to kill some time

Thanks

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Twoacross said:
Well, the christmas break has rolled in, and I got pretty much nothing to do than play Left 4 Dead 2 all day so:

If anyone could recommend so MMORPG's that are good to your liking suggest it to me, I just need to kill some time

Thanks

Every MMORPG I played either drained the life out of me, or was really difficult to play without good friends. I've downloaded numerous stuff, but none of them got me hooked as much as Maple Story, and that game's an ass with all that grinding.

Well, can you name some of your favorite genres so I and others you can help you a bit more?

Snip

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Twoacross said:

Thanks

Aion!
moogle.gif
It's a great MMO in a fantasy world where you actually have to put in effort to get items.
Unlike some other very populair MMO...

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well
unsure.gif
before I get started *flame shield on!* I have personally had a Runescape account for the last 5 years. Yet I have not gone past level 90 (I am 86). Though this is irrelevant information, it really shows the scope of a game when you actually have a life and only play for 30 min - 1 hr each day. The fact is that the F2P area is free forever. Maple Story is similar, but you sometimes have to pay for better equipment. Not so with RS F2P, every one you play with on F2P servers are limited to th F2P equipment. It is free forever, until you take the P2P plunge.
smile.gif
Try it and see if it's your cup of tea.

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
As people might know World of warcraft now has over 1 billon playing.
and i can see why the constant work that blizzard put into this game is amazing.
now i know people seem to flam just because you play wow but its a great game and it is very easy to make friends on.
for all you americans with you low latency "bastards" you will really enjoy it.
you cant trial the game for 2 weeks and either say i hate it or say i love this and purchase the full game.

updowners

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nitrostemp said:
As people might know World of warcraft now has over 1 billon playing.
and i can see why the constant work that blizzard put into this game is amazing.
now i know people seem to flam just because you play wow but its a great game and it is very easy to make friends on.
for all you americans with you low latency "bastards" you will really enjoy it.
you cant trial the game for 2 weeks and either say i hate it or say i love this and purchase the full game.

How the fuck is it over 1 billion playing? Isn't the world population like 6-7 billion? You're probably got it confused with 11 million people subscribed.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I play Mabinogi, a game that originated from Korea and is now translated by Nexon. I have been playing it for quite some time and to me its a good MMORPG. The only downside is the constant grinding and repetitive dungeon over and over again. The only good side is that when you get to a certain age (you aged by each weekend following on a Saturday) you can rb 'rebirth' for free at age 20. ((Before you had to pay for rebirths which was a bitch since you had to be nx cards in order to purchase the character 'cards' before rebirthing.))

Now to get to the basics; Mabinogi isn't like WoW nor Runescape. Its somewhat of a tactic game where you have to learn the enemies AI in order to defeat it. The stats are luck (which you rarely get when you hit a certain age 'this also multiples your crit rate'), dex (this stat becomes VERY important if you want to range), str (just your typically how hard you can hit stat), int (mage anyone? This stat is the easiest to raise up. The one reason why mages are common inside the game), and will (the reason I have mention this last is because this stat mainly focus on 'crit' rates; 10 will = 0.5 crit rate. Plus its the only stat that helps you survive from a critical blow which can lead you to die/unconscious. Although, your status will be on deadly and after you get hit again...you will die)

I typed enough, if you want to play it and give it a week then you might love or hate it. At first I didn't understand the game till I finally notice that your stats are focus on the skills you're building up.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WoW is king. They've figured it all out. If you want a good, solid game w/ TONS of people on all the time, WoW is the way to go.

If you want some RTS aspects thrown in, go with Warhammer. It's a little less polished than WoW, but i have a bunch of friends that REALLY like it.

I played City of Heroes YEARS back, and loved the hell out of it. And that's still rolling. It's super heroes rather than Swords & Sorcerers' style fantasy.

I'm REALLY interested in Champions Online. It's another super hero MMO, but at lvl 20 (or 25?) they allow you to create your Arch-Nemesis, who will be used in the story line as your main villain. You can also make super hero groups (your own Justice League) which, if i'm correct allows your villains to make their own super-team.
Looks hella cool.

So, there's a few options. And it all depends on your likes and dislikes
smile.gif

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sword of the New World is a good game. You get to use three characters at a time. It may be a total grind fest but grinding isn't boring. You just let your characters on 'defend mode' and they'll do the rest. And uhh
You can peek underneath character's cloths including this character

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst. Free forever
Guild Wars (old i know, but its fun if you ignore all the fags on it). One off payment (round about $30?)

driverzx

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
- WoW, it's awesome and many active players
- GuildWars, cheaper than WoW
- RuneScape
rolleyes.gif

Why the hell would you prefer an MMO above L4D2? It's SO AWESOME!

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For me, WoW is ultimately the best. You can do quests for hours on end, or join up in a group to take on a raid or instance, or do the battlegrounds which can be frustrating if your team is full of noobs, or very competitive and exciting. In my opinion it is impossible to get bored of the game since there is endless amounts of things to do! Unless you complete it that is... Right, I'm off to play it now!
rolleyes.gif

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a little sidenote, don't forget that you have to pay for WoW, and if you're only playing for break, depending on how long your break is, WoW might not be suitable. Unless you go with a private server.

LuteFrute

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i suggest: wolfteam

get it at http://wolfteam.aeriagames.com/download

you might need to register to play, but wth its fun. its an fps. you will have to download. its free.

its really fun trust me. i have played it. also check out other games on the site aeriagames.com

in this game, you can be either a wolf-man-thing-i-cant-remember-the-name-of or a human. even switching mid-game

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Ragnarok Online is a very fun game with everything supposedly hand-drawn. If you're a poor ass kid with no money, you could play on free servers with lots of bots and overcrowding, or just by a gravity game card in-store or pay online for pay servers (like me
biggrin.gif
). Or you can play on private servers like RebirthRO.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played Guild Wars for a while. It's not too bad. It isn't grind intensive like WoW or other games, which is good. Also, you don't pay subscription fees, only $50 for the game (which you can buy in stores or online) and then $50 for further Guild Wars games (which can be added to your current game). The main thing with Guild Wars is the huge divide in the userbase. You're either a pro and spend your life on GW or you're casual and can't get anywhere in it.

Not to mention you get the assholes at PvXwiki, like me
smile.gif

I no longer play it, though, although I did play it for a good 2 years or so.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
I played Guild Wars for a while. It's not too bad. It isn't grind intensive like WoW or other games, which is good. Also, you don't pay subscription fees, only $50 for the game (which you can buy in stores or online) and then $50 for further Guild Wars games (which can be added to your current game). The main thing with Guild Wars is the huge divide in the userbase. You're either a pro and spend your life on GW or you're casual and can't get anywhere in it.

Not to mention you get the assholes at PvXwiki, like me
smile.gif

I no longer play it, though, although I did play it for a good 2 years or so.

Actually you can get all three campaigns at Target for 50$. I will agree that GW is a great MMO, and GW2 may be coming out soon too.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol