Mmm! That's some good Pi! GBAtemp Raspberry Pi contest!

gamer765

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd attempt to use to automate my home heating a-la-Nest style. I think it can also serve as a bridge for lighting similar to Phillips HUE LED lightbulbs. Would really love to do this.

Zonark

Zonark - Noun - A God
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd probably use one for GPS interface to allow a gaming multiplayer hub for older games. Universally connecting everyone onto a single host based server to play with friends across the world

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I have been working on a 'metal sonic' lookingish Robot for some time now. (The design, anyway :P)
Using my basic knowledge of Obj C and Java I plan to program it to interact with my environment. (possibly will implement two kinect sensors).

If I had a Pi I should be able to utilize it to store a mini database within the robot so it learns as it interacts. The low power consumption and despite the low ram, it should be efficient until I decide to make the robot more sophisticated.
I would love to post pics, but I am not at home ATM. I will post them here in a bit, or maybe make a thread when I get further with the project.

Best of luck to all you Pi lovers!

msansom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I already have a Raspberry Pi set up as a File Server, Web Server, Media Server, Bitcoin Miner (SLOW POINTLESS), Music player to be plugged into stereo running script at start up and youtube downoader, but if I had another one there is a multitude of things I would consider doing with it. Here is a list:

• Home automation - Using a combination of relays wired into the back of my light switches and python scripting, I would use the Pi to control my lighting and other electronics plugged into the mains from my computer. I also have an old caravan, the entire thing could be automated using relays and scripting.
  • XBOX 360 SATA Drive emulation - With all of those data pins floating around (GPIO, USB, other sata controllers), I'm sure I would be able to write a script that somehow allows you to plug the Pi into the xbox 360s sata port to emulate a drive
  • Intruder System - Using motion sensors and Nanny cams I could have the pi logging and recording intrusions
  • General Scripting and programming - You can just leave these things compiling if ARM is what you want, it doesn't really matter how long it takes, you just leave it running
  • LAN Parties - Always struggle having enough computers at LAN Parties, theses things run Chocolate-doom and quake3, sounds like fun to me
  • Nintendo Emulator - Using Retro Pie I could play all the Nintendo classics on one system plugged into one TV
  • A Robot - Using a couple of servos, a camera and a plastic cover it would be easy enough to script a small robot with camera scripted easily and controlled with SSH and python
  • Code a friend - I could quite literally code an intelligence to apply to some kind of voice synthesis software, but of course anything it said would always be preset and therefore only as intelligent as me

Wellington2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would create a stand-up arcade machine with OS Linux and the MAME emulator. I'd use a USB arcade joystick and buttons and attach it to a replica arcade cabinet. Then, I would put a television inside it and hook it up with a standard RGB cable to give an image realistic to the time (not as crisp). After an awesome paint job, I would add a coin slot so people can play for only a quarter. That is my dream.

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
I would make it to portable compiler and NAT server for my Surface 2 so I can work on programming projects and test them where ever I am, I would probably also use it with my Mindstorms(yes its Lego, but you can program for it in C++ :O) and well, only Barney Stinson knows what will happen in that case ;)

TheZoc

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'd like to setup a small environment controller:
- A light detector outside (as main control, to avoid being based only on a RTC)
- A RTC (I guess this is built in already? Need to study more)
- A curtain opener, so I can get natural brightness from the sun in the morning (There's so many lights outside, I can't rely on this since I lived away from the city).
- A Light Controler - Dim the room lights depending on my needs
- A simple music player/alarm - Better be sure I won't wake up late anyway

Hopefully this will help me fix my terrible sleep patterns and be more productive. And I hope I get picked! (Since Raspberry Pi's are damn expensive in Brazil) :D

JohnEdwardRamsey

Trophies
XP
Well what i would love to do with it is create a massive emulation station. Would also buy a kit part that would make it so that i could hook up a hard drive from a desktop or take apart a usb hub and integrate it into the raspberry pi so that I could add multiple hard drives to have all the roms and such on. Then I would also add a bluetooth dongle to it so that i could use a headset and keyboard and mouse to it. Wireless of course for access to other computers to transfer to it. Then i would take it all and create a enclosure with a Battery unit to be able to charge and hook up to the pi and keep a charge of at least 4 hours. Then Also hook up a flatscreen mini monitor to it to create a portable system that you can take along with you. Controller and everything included. So this Kit would just be the start of a massive project that would take a while to make but would be alot of fun in the end.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I would turn my Pi into a beautiful linedoubler for my retro consoles.
With the right processing techniques, you can make console output look like (accurate) emulator output.
No more glitchy OoT on emulators!

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if the Raspberry Pi hardware supports WMC streaming? If so, I could see it as a streamer companion for something like the InfiniTV6 from Ceton; it's capable of streaming (and allowing recording of) 6 channels at once, but I understand it uses the Windows Media Center streaming protocols for that.

gamer765

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if the Raspberry Pi hardware supports WMC streaming? If so, I could see it as a streamer companion for something like the InfiniTV6 from Ceton; it's capable of streaming (and allowing recording of) 6 channels at once, but I understand it uses the Windows Media Center streaming protocols for that.
Wrong thread for that and you better direct your questions to the fine folk over at XBMC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol