MMBN5 gba emulation???

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by tatripp, May 11, 2009.

May 11, 2009

MMBN5 gba emulation??? by tatripp at 2:32 AM (925 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. tatripp
    OP

Member tatripp GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Megaman battle network 5 double team ds was originally 2 gba games. how is it that it can be emulated on the ds when the gameplay remains unchanged and it looks the same. I'm guessing capcom probably had to do some stuff to make the gba roms into ds format, but why can't we do this with other gba games. why can't we convert them to nds games?

2. wchill

Member wchill Resident chillxpert

United States
    The game interface was totally remade. It's not as simple as you think either.
    The entire game has to be recoded to use the NDS hardware and not the GBA hardware, since using Slot 1 shuts down access to the GBA components.

3. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    The game was ported to DS like wchill said. There were a lot of these types of GBA to DS ports early in the DS' life. I can recall also Scurge Hive and Star Wars Ep 3 Revenge of the Sith being GBA ports too. These games had some updates too. MMBN 5 had better quality music and a few battle enhancement options. Revenge of the Sith had a fully orchestrated soundtrack and 3D flying stages. I've never tried Scurge Hive, but likely its the same.

Really, people need to just STOP asking for a GBA emulator for DS. These companies have the original code to alter themselves. We don't.

4. tatripp
    OP

Member tatripp GBAtemp Fan

United States
    that makes sense. thank you