ROM Hack Question MK8 Deluxe- Why is Switch Toolbox messing up my character rigging when I save and reopen?

Ryburgers

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! If I'm in the wrong place please let me know. I'm modding a character model in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for use on my modded switch. But I seem to be experiencing a problem with Switch Toolbox.

I replace the character model and test the animations, they all look great. But when I save the .szs and reopen it in Toolbox to double-check, the rigging seems to change and the animations are bad. (arms flying all over the place) Why do the animations change after saving?

I'm replacing Waluigi with a model of Gannondorf from Smash Ultimate. In Blender I aligned everything and did my rigging/transferring weights from the original Waluigi model. Posing the new model, everything moves well. In Toolbox the new model also animates really well, right up until I save, close, and reopen it. At which point his arms animate like a bat out of hell.

I have videos of what I'm doing, if visuals would help. I just don't know how to share them since I'm a new member.

Is there a Toolbox import setting that's causing this? Vertex buffers, LOD, skin count, total polygon count, etc? Or is saving with Yaz0 compression (set to 9) causing some change after saving?

My initial thought was that my weight painting was bad, but no matter what weight changes I make in Blender, it corresponds in Toolbox and makes sense right up until I close it and reopen the newly saved .szs in Toolbox. So I'm inclined to think it's not my weight painting but something happening while saving with Toolbox? I have not resolved this problem with weight painting.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...