Misc MK DS Freezes when connecting using wiimmfi DNS

Cragdore

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to play Mario Kart DS online using the wiimmfi DNS from :https://forum.wii-homebrew.com/index.php/Thread/58889-Using-DS-on-Wiimmfi-now-without-hacks/ and https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-play-nintendo-ds-wiimmfi-without-a-hotspot.516552/ and tried the following:
Primary: 164.132.44.106
Secondary: Left Blank, 8.8.8.8, and 1.1.1.1
Im using a New 3DS updated to B9S https://3ds.hacks.guide/a9lh-to-b9s. The game freezes when it tries to connect (regardless which secondary DNS I use), but preceding that is another potential issue. When I first try to connect, it says the Wi-Fi ID from the DS and Game Card don't match, requiring it to update ID saved onto game card. It also says I can use existing friends list but they will need to re register me. If I say OK and connect, it freezes while establishing the connection. If I restart and retry, there's no Wi-Fi ID message and goes straight to connecting only to freeze again. I tried to "Erase Nintendo WFC Configuration", but the Wi-Fi ID message comes back and freezes when I try to connect, so it doesn't seem to help. My access point works fine in all connection tests in the "Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Setup" menu. Any idea what's going on? Is there a fix? Thanks!

Oddly, there are seems to be some different behavior for other games:
Metroid Prime Hunters: Seems to work but I wasn't able to find anyone online to play against to verify.
Mario VS. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem!: Error code 61010 at first, then error code 41155 for any subsequent attempts. Both for online share and challenge center.
Mario VS. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis: Seems to mostly work. Synchronizing levels results in a "communication error" and disconnects me. I can connect to receive levels but only have Nintendo as my "Friend" which says it has no levels posted, so idk if that really works. Similarly, I can go into my friends list and synchronize.
N+: "Unable to Connect to Community"
Star Fox Command: Seems to work but I wasn't able to find anyone online to play against to verify.

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure to delete any friends that you have on your MKDS friends list before connecting to wiimmfi for the first time, that should fix the crashing during the connecting screen with the spinning tire.

Reactions: banjo2

Cragdore

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure to delete any friends that you have on your MKDS friends list before connecting to wiimmfi for the first time, that should fix the crashing during the connecting screen with the spinning tire.
That fixed it, thank you. Kinda a shame TBH, It was really nostalgic to see a record of the times I spend with friends, some of which I haven't seen since. Its nice to look back.

Reactions: orangy57 and banjo2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1