Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>Super guide
NO! ZELDA WAS ACTUALLY GOOD!
I don't WANT it to appeal to a wider audience if the cost is making it take NO SKILL.
zelda already takes no skill the last hard zelda game was zelda 2 and that was only hard by design...
You at least needed to think in OoT. I haven't played any of the other 3D ones to completion, but they can't be as easy as "Oh look, you're dying. Want me to fight this boss for you bro?"

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
>Super guide
I don't WANT it to appeal to a wider audience if the cost is making it take NO SKILL.
zelda already takes no skill the last hard zelda game was zelda 2 and that was only hard by design...
You at least needed to think in OoT. I haven't played any of the other 3D ones to completion, but they can't be as easy as "Oh look, you're dying. Want me to fight this boss for you bro?"
i played twilight princess from start to finish without dying once that game was ridiculously easy

Reactions: 1 person

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
the more accessible is always worrisome. we should expect Zelda: Wii Fit U!
I'm not that worried though, Miyamoto was stressing how much depth and strategy Pikmin had at thir conference.
Iwata has been saying the same thing about making deeper games because it currently brings more profit than casual titles since casuals aren't dedicated and are moving on to other platforms.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Meh... I have nothing against motion controls, however I prefer a Zelda game to be all about buttons (or using touch controls for attacks as Guild mentioned), I mean, all the Link's before the Wii era were left handed, there are that many left handed video game characters so the fact he was one, was pretty awesome (heck, Miyamoto made link left handed since he prefers his left hand even tho he's ambidextrous). They only made link right handed on the Wii games because most people would feel weird using motion controls to play as a left handed character... So yeah... Death to motion controls on Zelda games! >3

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>Super guide
i played twilight princess from start to finish without dying once that game was ridiculously easy
So you think it's good that they're making it easier?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>Super guide
Twilight Princess is just one game, and there are quite a few Zelda titles.

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
>Super guide
god no but its hard to deny that games have gone down in difficulty, for every demon souls there is hundreds of games that require next to no skill to complete its part of every game company making games to can be beaten by everyone.

Twilight Princess is just one game, and there are quite a few Zelda titles.

A link to the past
Ocarina of Time
Majoras mask
wind waker

they were all easy but still being easy doesnt mean a game isnt good

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>Super guide
god no but its hard to deny that games have gone down in difficulty, for every demon souls there is hundreds of games that require next to no skill to complete its part of every game company making games to can be beaten by everyone.
Yeah, but I guess Tetris will always have the same difficulty.
Right? D:

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
>Super guide
Yeah, but I guess Tetris will always have the same difficulty.
Right? D:
i dunno my mom is 50 and she plays tetris on her DS and never has any problems

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wind waker came out 2.5 years in the cube's life cycle. The half dead part. TP came out when the cube was dead. Hence the zombie part. Ports don't count. SS well the Wii has been dead for a sometime now.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would be very sad if they got rid of Skyward Swords controls.
I bet they make a strap so you can tie the Gamepad around your arm like a shield, then use the Wii Remote as a sword, and the Wii Fit balance board to run. It's da future.
Ideally I'd think you could use the touchscreen for directional slashing instead of motion controls. It would eliminate so many issues with the original game while making the game more accessible and keep the mechanic. Plus the touchscreen opens up much better gadget usage than motion controls honestly.
yeah, that was called Phantom Hourglass... nobody like it

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks weren't good, but Ninja Gaiden: DS (damn, that "let's make it so the titles all can be abbreviated as 'DS'" thing was annoying) pulled off touchscreen based sword combat pretty well. I mean, the game could be frustrating as hell if your touchscreen was a little off, but all in all, I did beat it once or twice while enjoying the way movement and combat were put together.

Honestly, though, I just want them to use the Wii U pad as a controller, especially for Zelda. Sure, use the touchscreen for pause menus, inventory, etc., but keep core game play for Wii U titles using the actual controls. As it stands now, I can barely see the point of the Wii U controller, since Nintendo has still shown a preference for their Wii controllers, even when showing off Wii U titles. It just feels like a very expensive controller that will only be used when a developer decides to use a touchscreen gimmick. Though, it might be for the better, having heard that the Wii U controller life is pretty dismal.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I say just go for the tech demo look. Yeah I know what a tech demo is, but hey, if everyone wants it, why not make it that way? Even if it takes years, in the long run it would be great.

As for the controls, I say just use all three. You can use the gamepad if you want, or you can use the Wiimote and Nunchuk.

Reactions: 2 people

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say just go for the tech demo look. Yeah I know what a tech demo is, but hey, if everyone wants it, why not make it that way? Even if it takes years, in the long run it would be great.

As for the controls, I say just use all three. You can use the gamepad if you want, or you can use the Wiimote and Nunchuk.

I did like the art of the tech demo as generally I'm more of "darker Zelda" fan than the bright cheery sunshine worlds of cell-shaded Zelda or semi-cell shaded (?) Skyward Sword stuff.

I think they'll stick to the regular touchscreen controller though since the whole idea of the Wii U is that and having their major franchise alienate that is silly. Plus it'll be hard to keep a Skyward Sword-type combat system that works on traditional controls, traditional + touchscreen controls, and motion controls.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would be very sad if they got rid of Skyward Swords controls.

I bet they make a strap so you can tie the Gamepad around your arm like a shield, then use the Wii Remote as a sword, and the Wii Fit balance board to run. It's da future.
THIS
the first time I saw the WIi U controller I though: "that will be the shield in the new Zelda game".

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
250px-TP_Wii.jpg
You realize the Wii version of Twilight Princess was nothing but a gamecube game RELEASED AT THE END OF THE GAMECUBE'S LIFESPAN with motion controls tacked on, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy