Country
United States
Hello,

Running:
CFW: Atmosphere 1.2.5
FW: 13.0.0 (Emunand)

Short background story:
==================
I've run in to an issue where I will attempt to boot into atmosphere but it gets stuck on the Joycon logo (not the "Nintendo" logo). I was trying to play Nintendo Switch Sports and it said I had to update the firmware on the joycons. Pressed OK, and it was starting and then Atmosphere crashed. Restarted the switch and now ran into the stuck logo issue. I've had this issue before in the past and I had no choice but to start from scratch at the time, and it looks like I'll have to do it again this time. A real pain. In addition, this is on an entirely new SD card and properly formatted to FAT32 (I used to use exFAT on my previous SD card). Anyways, on to the real issue.

The Problem
==========
I'm trying to locate my save folder on it but am just not finding the folder. I feel like I'm not understanding something here. I definitely know there are saves as I've just saved a game earlier today (just before I ran into the aforementioned issue above).
  • I've backed up the eMMC RAW GPP via hekate
  • Combined the 15 rawnand.bin.XX files together.
  • Used HackDiskMount to open the complete .bin file
  • Double clicked on USER
  • Entered in my upper and lower parts of the BIS key 3, and mounted to a drive.
  • I check it and it doesn't have a "save" folder.
  • Alternatively, in hekate, I went to Tools > USB Tools. Connected a USB cable. Selected eMMC RAW GPP and used HackDiskMount to open directly. Same thing.

Below are the folders for my current eMMC .bin
eMMC_nosaves.png

To add, I have not made any changes to the folders here like moving or deleting them. I did check through all the folders but did not find a save folder anywhere.

I still had my previous .bin file backup and checked it with HackDiskMount and there was definitely a save folder in there (screenshot below).
eMMC_nosaves2.png

Am I looking in the wrong place? Did I do the wrong backup? Does Atmosphere put the saves elsewhere within eMMC? What am I doing wrong? I'm absolutely stumped here.

Thanks in advance!

Update #1:
After further research, it seems there is another way to extract saves and that's using the TegraExplorer payload (https://suchmememanyskill.github.io/guides/switchextractsaves/)

When I go and inject that payload, I can see there is apparently another emunand called "EMUMMC". I believe what was happening was that Hekate was backing up the EMMC when I needed the EMUMMC. I don't think Hekate sees this EMUMMC (and I don't believe I partitioned the emunand...). In EMUMCC, there is indeed a save folder (which I am hoping my latest saves are in). Screenshots below.

I am currently in process of copying the save folder into the root of the SD card right now, but my god is it SLOW! It's slowly moving through each folder and probably taking like 5~10 minutes to copy and move onto the next one. Not sure if this is normal behavior but beats losing a 30-hour save file that I'm hoping to retrieve out of this.

I will update again as I progress. I expect it to complete the copy process in a few hours at this rate.

TegraEx1.png

TegraEx2.png

Update #2: I finally completed the copy process. I believe it took about 5~6 hours.... insane. Anyways, can confirm that save folder contained my saves.

Already started from scratch and decided to partition emunand this time. I'm up and running at the moment. Hopefully this is useful for someone else having similar issues.

Attachments

• TegraEx2.png
    TegraEx2.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 59
Last edited by ZeRoX98,

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you gotta use jksv or checkpoint homebrew to get your saves. they're stored on the nand (emunand or sysnand) and are encrypted. another way is to do a nand dump and extract it from the dump but im unsure of the process

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
you gotta use jksv or checkpoint homebrew to get your saves. they're stored on the nand (emunand or sysnand) and are encrypted. another way is to do a nand dump and extract it from the dump but im unsure of the process
Saves are always stored in the save folder on the nand, which is missing in the picture of Op's emunand

Reactions: Takokeshi

ZeRoX98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I'm aware of checkpoint. Unfortunately, if I can't get into Emunand, then I have to extract it from the emunand dump. I know how to get the saves out this way as I've done it before. Unless you know how to fix the stuck on joycon logo issue, then I have to do it this way.

I'm probably going to have to make a habit of doing checkpoint saves more often going forward to avoid having to do this.

Reactions: binkinator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: