Hacking Missing melee.msbt and ui_character_db.bin

HappyMommy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At a bit of my wits end here so bear with me. I've spent the last 3 days attempting to get a skin fro GameBanana setup for my son. After a whole lot of missing of steps when it came to things like using UWizard and Sm4shExplorer, I think I finally found the full steps I need to do to build the mod and have followed them to the letter. Everything is working as it should as far as following the steps but, as this mod adds additional skins to the Villager (versus overwriting them), the steps to modify the ui_character_db.bin would be very important (to tell it to extend the number of available skins out to 16 so they can be selected). There are also a bunch of steps in the readme of that skin for editing other game texts in the melee.msbt. The thing is, no matter what process I use to do my dump (UWizard or Disc2App), I am not seeing these files. The only place I even see the paths to where they should be is when I look at the patch that downloaded using the UWizard patch dump steps but, no melee.msbt in the ui/message folder and no ui_character_db.bin in the param/ui folder. What in the world am I missing? HUGE thanks in advance!

HappyMommy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've resolved this on my own but for anyone else who has the same issue... I was looking for the files in the actual file explorer and now see that I need to open these folders in Sm4shExplorer to see them.

Reactions: grandosegood

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: https://garticphone.com/en/?c=0013ff1238