Hacking Missing bootmii foulder from HackMii Installer v0.8

CyborgLizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went to bootmii.org to download the hackmii installer. I am softmoding another older wii. The problem is on the tutorial https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide/4-3-guide it says there should be a bootmii folder that comes with the download from bootmii.org. However, there is no such folder in the packet. All there is, is a folder named "wiiload", boot.lf and bootmini.elf (plus some readme files).

Am I missing something or is the download link messed up?

Thank you

CyborgLizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never heard of modmii. Why should I use it over bootmii?

Also, I am softmoding one of the older wii's so I want to make that nand backup.

CyborgLizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm I am still not getting it.

I modded an old wii before, and I just did it with the hackmii installer pack from that website. But with the ModWii program I do not know how I can use it to soft mod an old wii. I feel like things have changed so much because all the wii's are new, but what I really need is just the good old fashion files you just put on your SD card. The ModMii thing is confusing.

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Modmii is an app you run from your computer only.
It automatically downloads ALL FILES you need.
It asks you what system menu you are on, and GENERATES a step-by-step guide for you to print out and follow.
all YOU need to do is put the files modmii downloads on your computer, to a blank SD card you insert into your Wii.
Quite simple and not confusing I presume............

CyborgLizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Modmii is an app you run from your computer only.
It automatically downloads ALL FILES you need.
It asks you what system menu you are on, and GENERATES a step-by-step guide for you to print out and follow.
all YOU need to do is put the files modmii downloads on your computer, to a blank SD card you insert into your Wii.
Quite simple and not confusing I presume............

Hmm.. I did that, and i put the SD in my wii, turn it on, but it does not load anything. What could I be doing wrong? My SD card is formated to FAT32, It is also 4 gigs. Is it a problem if it is SDHC?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER