Hacking MIOS patcher

DigitalSquirrel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using Sysmenu 4.0 and I've never patched MIOS.. if I do will I still be able to play gamecube games from the disk? What does the MIOS patcher change exactly?

(Also, if I put Pal games into the GAmecube MultigameISO creator and make the DVD NTSC, will it cause a problem?)

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well the MIOS patcher add backup support to the GC part (without a ModChip), and converting video format is not possible with this hack (yet), so use only backups from your own region..!!
smile.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
DigitalSquirrel said:
I'm using Sysmenu 4.0 and I've never patched MIOS.. if I do will I still be able to play gamecube games from the disk? What does the MIOS patcher change exactly?

(Also, if I put Pal games into the GAmecube MultigameISO creator and make the DVD NTSC, will it cause a problem?)
If you can run wii backups already (with a cIOS), all you need to do for gc backups is to install a patched MIOS.

The multigame disc can contain games from other regions and they will work. The best results are when you make the DVD region the same as the region of the wii. (So yes in this case NTSC)

DigitalSquirrel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
DigitalSquirrel said:

If you can run wii backups already (with a cIOS), all you need to do for gc backups is to install a patched MIOS.

The multigame disc can contain games from other regions and they will work. The best results are when you make the DVD region the same as the region of the wii. (So yes in this case NTSC)

Oh, thanks for the info. I was wondering why this PAL one didn't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-