iritegood

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yup, version 1.12b and 1.13c have been released. On Christmas day no less.

Changelog:

QUOTE said:
Update: Oh yeah, it's true! 1.12c is out, now! This fixes a more minor drawing bug in text mode in the case where tiles need to be erased (dark rooms, etc), which would result in dark gray, rather than black, tiles being left behind.

Yeah, that's right, a Christmas day update. Now 1.12b is released, fixing a major palette bug that slipped by. Sorry again! :/

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, I've had that MAJOR palette bug
rofl2.gif

This guy IS GREAT
biggrin.gif

Orillian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yup, I'm very excited to see the continuous stream of updates, always a good thing!

They should continue to do it though, helps the homebrew section show some action.
tongue.gif

O.

abcd1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And the sad thing is I have a bunch of fixes in to 1.13a (including getting bonesfiles finally working), but, frankly, this has long since entered the land of the absurd...

abcd1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I really should just start referring to them as nightlies, and change the version numbering to use the current date... it'd make things so much easier.
smile.gif

Speaking of which, 1.14 is out now. Finally, bonesfiles work! Plus a bunch of other good things (a number of bugfixes and so forth).

abcd1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, version 1.15 is now released. The main change in this version is yet another modification to the control scheme. Gone is triggermode, replaced with the far more flexible CHORDKEYS option. This option allows the user to decide which keys are chord keys (by default, this is set to "r"). So, if you like DSCrawl's key setup, for example, you can set CHORDKEYS to up,down,left,right,r, and then bind keys accordingly (eg, Up+Right+B -> Up-Right).

Additionally, there are a few other nice features, such as the ability to bind keys to toggleable options (eg, hpmon, keyrepeat, etc), a new command to list the current set of key bindings, a menu for selecting extended commands (rather than the virtual keyboard), control over whether or not key repeating is enabled, and finally, hilite_pet support.

Enjoy, and happy new year!

EDIT:

Heh, and then I put out 1.15a. This fixes a map rendering bug in graphics mode. Nothing critical, but I wanted to get the fix out there.

abcd1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Aight, version 1.16 is out the door. Among the changes, it:

* Adds yet more flexibility to the keybinding support (you can now bind individual chord key presses, redefine the key used to open the command window, and bind keys to run and fight movements). I'm not sure I can make it any more flexible.
smile.gif

* Contains some changes to the key help code (it's disabled by default, now, and can be controlled via defaults.nh).
* Cleans up the keyboard drawing, and makes the palette file user editable.
* Moves the minimap colours into their own palette file, so you can hack them up if you want.
* And finally, fixes a few bugs, including a crasher when dismissing the "Toggle Options" menu without selecting something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.