Minecraft File Replacement/Hacking questions

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Drak0rex, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Drak0rex
    OP

Drak0rex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 12, 2014
    United States
    I decided to play around with some things in minecraft, just to see what I could do. I switched folder names of texture packs I wanted to use with those that are unlocked by default, and am now able to use and save with the ones I want. This of course makes the ones that were unlocked by default read as a trial pack, telling me that I need to download it.

Is there a file that can be altered so that the DLC packs will be read as already unlocked?

Is it possible to unpack, edit and repack different texture packs, allowing for custom texture packs?

2. jbuck1975

jbuck1975 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    Curious also, because my kids say they can't save.

3. supermario18

supermario18 That Mario fan

May 3, 2016
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    I think you can create custom texture packs. I also think that mods might be possible too, but I haven't seen any yet.

4. TheVinAnator

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    If you can swap texture packs th you can probably make custom texture packs the easiest way would be wherever your finding the folder for the packs just make an image in the same format and resolution and also th same name and just replace it in the folder

5. KillzXGaming

KillzXGaming GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 2, 2016
    United States
    Texturepacks are easy to make for this. Doubt DLC for free will work. Change default textures by going here

content\Common\res\TitleUpdate\res

Edit terrain.png for blocks

Resive 50% of terrain.png for mip mapping level 2 file
    Resize another 50% for mip mapping level 3 file

You can edit any files in that titleupdate folder. Some need to change in the main game folder, mind you title update folder overwrites some textures try that first!