Homebrew Minecraft DS (in 3D !)

Net_Bastard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love it. I have a nice little creation, but I don't feel like grabbing the screenshot out of my microsd card right now. I know it's buggy, since homebrews tend to be buggy on their first (intentionally public) release. But there are a few little things I would like you to fix:

1. REMOVE THE GOD DAMN AUTOSAVE. It takes you out of the experience and it makes the game freeze half the time, requiring a restart.

2. Make a lefty-friendly control scheme. Control Type 3 is pretty good, but that requires use of the R button, and my R button is busted.

3. When I changed the texture pack for the first time, it froze. So then I restarted it. The title screen showed with the right texture pack, so I entered the game. Everything was transparent, and the colors were all glitchy. I quit back to the title screen, and everything was blue and textureless. It worked fine when I changed the texture pack to another pack. It also worked fine when I switched back to the pack I had problems with.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
kevan said:
Can anyone explain why he can change his user title (Smealum)?
I had to get 500 posts D=

Once again good work.
Stop it with your stupid off-topic all the time...!
He probably asked some s-mod or admin to change it. Instead of asking in this thread, just pm him ffs...

nintendoom

Nintendoom
Trophies
XP
CannonFoddr said:
nintendoom said:
why do i get white screens?More info required ... it always helps us know what MIGHT be the problem

WHICH version of DSCraft are you trying to use ? - there's 2 versions 'NitroFX and 'Fat'- if one don't work, try the other
WHAT flashcard are you trying to run it on ? - Some cards have problems running this
Have you got the right files in the right places ? - See the Wiki for details

EDIT: smealum has suggested the following
QUOTETo everyone experiencing white screen issues etc. at boot : try using the FAT only version (and don't forget to place the dscraft directory at the root of your card !); you can get it here : http://smealum.net/dscraft/downloads/DScraft_fat.rar

Seems like many R4 owners have this problem... are you using an R4 ??
I tried it on a TTDSi and a R4iLL [the one from this site], both get white screens.

Flamestar666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
Original R4 user here. No problems here.
Latest Wood.

Oh yeah. Before I forget.

This is a great Homebrew. I've never played Minecraft/Minecraft-like games before playing this. I am enjoying it greatly.

One weird thing happened though, After saving and reloading, some of the textures became transparent.
SCR_00013.jpg

Albert X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flamestar666 said:
CannonFoddr said:
Original R4 user here. No problems here.
Latest Wood.

Oh yeah. Before I forget.

This is a great Homebrew. I've never played Minecraft/Minecraft-like games before playing this. I am enjoying it greatly.

One weird thing happened though, After saving and reloading, some of the textures became transparent.
SCR_00013.jpg
Yeah that happened to me.
btw i made a full on totally flat map from the totally flat map canonfoddr made! (for some reason canon foddr's version wasnt totally flat) cheers!
biggrin.gif

http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=25992

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
So heres my bug/request list:
BUGS:
1- (this one it actually is a good bug XP) when you walk diagonally (pressing up and right at the same time) you walk twice as faster than normal.
2- I think it was with my 3DS, if you come out of sleepmode sometimes you get a Guru Med, pc: 020266d4 addr: 1b02310b

Request:
1-add a blueish screen when im under water, cause sometimes i dont even notice im under water.
2- when we pace a block of water it spreads, make it possible so that i can remve the water placing a block where i placed the water.

And i think thats it for now.
wink.gif

EDIT: Ak2i User

EDIT 2: The moon "borns" next to the sun, she should born on the other side.
Pic
scr00004.png

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure if this was the cause of my R4 losing contact with my DS but I left it on sleep mode for about an hour and when I reopened it, the screens were black and the LED light was still flashing as if being in sleep mode, no buttons did anything and I tried reclosing and opening it again but it stayed like that, never happened in a game or another homebrew...
I'll try to reproduce it another time...

kevan

Imagination rules the world
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SignZ said:
kevan said:
Can anyone explain why he can change his user title (Smealum)?
I had to get 500 posts D=

Once again good work.
Stop it with your stupid off-topic all the time...!He probably asked some s-mod or admin to change it. Instead of asking in this thread, just pm him ffs...
The on topic part was where I congratulated him again,
but yeah I should have P'med him my bad D=

For the R4 users, make sure its in the root of the card.
Not sure if this will help though but usually fixes my
homebrew troubles.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
gifi4 said:
I'm not sure if this was the cause of my R4 losing contact with my DS but I left it on sleep mode for about an hour and when I reopened it, the screens were black and the LED light was still flashing as if being in sleep mode, no buttons did anything and I tried reclosing and opening it again but it stayed like that, never happened in a game or another homebrew...

It's done that since the first beta version that testers got. Don't worry. Just remember to save and shut it off instead of putting it into sleep for extended periods of time. Mine was still fine after only about 10 minutes.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Nathan Drake said:
gifi4 said:

It's done that since the first beta version that testers got. Don't worry. Just remember to save and shut it off instead of putting it into sleep for extended periods of time. Mine was still fine after only about 10 minutes.
Oh alright then, well it's a good thing I tend to save before I put it in sleep mode.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Where did you add it? it's not in the wiki page, nor any edit history.
Maybe you intend to update it later
smileipb2.png

@Smealum:

About the added block on my water spreading.
They weren't visible until I save/reload.
Though I couldn't walk through them when I spread it. It was water block everywhere, some which I could walk through, and some I couldn't.
I'm sure there were also "non walking" water block in the middle of that lake.

SCR_00005.jpg
SCR_00006.jpg

There's also the transparency bug on these "added block", and all the water around too.

* Encasing yourself in a closed area doesn't make it become dark. looks like the light "darkness" is calculated only on the map loading process.

Will you release your new map loading version or do you wait for more bug fixes and features before releasing a new version?

StarWolf3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Do you think it is possible to create a second version which makes use of DSTWO specific features like an additional CPU and additional RAM (32 MByte or so) to evade some of the DS's limitations?

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Albert X said:
dicamarques said:
I added the default texture pack to the Wiki
Sorry, but Mojang does not let this project use there textures, well according to Smealum...
ohnoes.png

But try anyways!
biggrin.gif
No one stops you from using in the game, Mojang just told to Smea to do not use it as the default texture pack.
It' like saying that ninty doesnt allow Flashcarts and you use it.

BTW edited the wiki can someone confirm?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto