Homebrew Minecraft DS (in 3D !)

BassAceGold

Testicles
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I used both versions. The Nitro version works, but no world files show up.
FAT version shows a red error screen on the bottom DS screen.

I used the M3 SD DLDI patch on both.

If I recall correctly, Smealum had to create his own file system functions for map reading to improve the read speed for streaming. Perhaps this file mode is using a cluster size unsupported by your current flashcard or SD card. Have you tried reformatting your SD card using a different cluster size?

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If I recall correctly, Smealum had to create his own file system functions for map reading to improve the read speed for streaming. Perhaps this file mode is using a cluster size unsupported by your current flashcard or SD card. Have you tried reformatting your SD card using a different cluster size?
It's a slot-2 card and I think that his card isn't supported by the filesystem.

BassAceGold

Testicles
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's a slot-2 card and I think that his card isn't supported by the filesystem.

The flashcard is does have DLDI support and he has mentioned previously that minecraft still loads other files off the card (textures). With this information I am led to believe it is a problem with the direct memory access used for streaming the map information. I remember when smealum was creating the map system on irc he mentioned it wouldn't work with all cluster sizes, so perhaps his sd card is using one of the unsupported cluster sizes.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
He doesn't continue this application.

I pm'd Smealum very recently. He didn't say he'd abandoned the project. Just that he's busy with other things. I too enjoy this homebrew, and look forward to the day when Smealum is less busy. Peace out.
It's interesting: he seems to make a new application for every coding competition. But you can read the most important things at http://dscraft.phpbbhosts.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=176.

Lemmy Koopa

M3 Perfect fanboy
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Apparently the texture files must be internal in the NDS file because there's no texture files in my texture folder on my card.
So apparently the problem I'm having is that it's not accessing my files on my SD card at all. Is there any other DLDI files I can try for M3 SD perfect?
I've tried the ones on here already: http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/

sisyphus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's interesting: he seems to make a new application for every coding competition. But you can read the most important things at http://dscraft.phpbb...c.php?f=3&t=176.

And it says what anyone who has followed this thread knows: Smealum is busy and dscraft is low on the list. I hope to at least see a map converter (to get my map off my ds). I am happy to wait and hopeful that one day such a thing will be developed.

Peace out.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
And it says what anyone who has followed this thread knows: Smealum is busy and dscraft is low on the list. I hope to at least see a map converter (to get my map off my ds). I am happy to wait and hopeful that one day such a thing will be developed.

Peace out.
But it's not the sense of homebrew to make a new applcation every year to win a bit money.

smealum

growing up sucks.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States

Peace out.
But it's not the sense of homebrew to make a new applcation every year to win a bit money.
I'm kind of sad that you seem to think I just make stuff to make a quick buck. Trust me, if I actually wanted to make money, I wouldn't be making homebrew. I do this stuff because I find it interesting. I actually started DScraft before even knowing about the 2011 neoflash competition and the scenery. I didn't stop working on it because I realized I wouldn't be able to make more money with it (I probably could have, to tell the truth), I stopped for reasons that aren't necessarily even related to it. But one of them was that I lost interest and motivation. Unfortunately, continuing this project would take a LOT of work, but mostly because I had to rush the game before releasing it last year, not because newer features would be especially complicated to implement. I do believe it is possible to make a more or less full-fledged survival mode for the DS (redstone and probably minecarts notwithstanding). But if anyone ever wanted to get that done they'd be MUCH better off just starting from scratch code-wise. And I just don't have that kind of motivation for this project.
That's why I don't plan on releasing my next project until it's completely finished. At least this way I won't leave tons of people disappointed when they realize what I already released won't be improved upon.
(and by the way, as far as I know, I'm not working on my current project for a competition)

Reactions: 1 person

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
@ Smealum: that IS a shame about DSCraft....

... So how about releasing the source code to allow some other clever programmer to take up the challenge ??
I'm sure there must be someone willing to use your code as a base & add 'extras' to it, or perhaps come up with bug fixes ??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all