Minecraft Bedrock on Wii U

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would need the soure code of bedrock. Witch is proprietary software so it would need to be decomp to get said code (NTM the amount of updates would make it impossible unless the code was leaked on the internet(It also takes forever, Sonic Mania took a few years to be decomped)). THEN you would have to patch all of that BS to run it on the Wii U (ARM or x86 to PowerPC). NTM Legacy (A version of bedrock) is already available on the Wii U witch runs great for the platform AND is well put together.

If Java (Lancher with the Java Wrapper) wont be ported due to the amount of BS needed to be ported over, Why would you think Bedrock (A Closed-Source more complex game) would work?

AsherKhang1

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
NTM Legacy (A version of bedrock) is already available on the Wii U witch runs great for the platform AND is well put together.
apologies for the unrelated necro, i'm new to gbatemp and i have no idea what im supposed to do for here.
i wanted to ask what is ntm legacy?

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i'm new to gbatemp and i have no idea what im supposed to do for here.
Oh c'mon... You're not that kind of a noob, else you wouldn't have started with
apologies for the unrelated necro

Anyway:
i wanted to ask what is ntm legacy?
NTM = Not to mention... So has nothing to do with Minecraft... And Minecraft Legacy? That's:
THE DAMN OFFICIAL MINECRAFT RELEASE FOR WII U! Geez.

RustysJunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This post confused me at first, like isn't Minecraft for Wii U along with all old console versions just Bedrock? Plus its not like Minecraft on Wii U is that big of a game to download (I might now speak for everyone, I have the 32GB Wii U)

Trophies
XP
This post confused me at first, like isn't Minecraft for Wii U along with all old console versions just Bedrock?

No. The Legacy versions were made in C++ by 4J Studios- Mojang hired the studio to create and maintain those versions.

Bedrock is Microsoft's handiwork. They're coded differently, by different studios. They are not the same.

RustysJunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. The Legacy versions were made in C++ by 4J Studios- Mojang hired the studio to create and maintain those versions.

Bedrock is Microsoft's handiwork. They're coded differently, by different studios. They are not the same.
Ok I meant to say Early bedrock. I know modern bedrock was built off of old versions like this, but mostly the original mobile and windows 10 version. But yes I'm aware of how different they are. I guess I should have said "inspired" or something to clear any confusion.

Last edited by RustysJunk,

elk1007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one that thinks port request are out of hand?
If a version is playable on a newer system, do we really need a dev spending time backporting?
The value of their labor is far more than the cost you would incur simply buying the new system.

Also, as stated by other, WiiU has a version of Minecraft that runs great.

nothingcc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I have Minecraft Bedrock Edition. I play it a lot, although I've noticed quite a few differences compared to the JAVA version. However, it's quite user-friendly. It works for me, and I can play it wherever I want. I spend a lot of time at my grandparents', so it's not a problem. I just bring my console, and I can start playing right away. Can I help you with something?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: its like $80 bro lmao