Hacking mikeandheth.com is down!!! O_O

thisisragtime

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going to use mikeandheth.com's usb loader tutorial for my nephew's wii, but the website is down...
unsure.gif
Did anyone happen to save the website and/or copy the steps of the guide down? I want to be able to softmod his Wii before he leaves. I would appreciate it very much because I found mikeandheth.com's guide easy to follow when I softmodded my own wii.

JohnnyWadd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saved one of the web pages and the "newmod" filepack. The guide I have is for a virgin wii with system menu 4.2
I wish I had saved it all. His guides were very easy to understand. He plainly said do this and that etc. I will upload it if you are interested in that one.

I've been doing research on wii modding for a while. I just got my wii and it has system menu 4.1

I'd rather not update to 4.2 so I can't use the only mikeandheth guide that I saved. I'm trying to find a easy to understand guide so that I can mod offline and install the proper cIOS to play games from a usb drive (including music games which require hermes something or other).

I find it frustrating that every guide I read has some variation in it's steps. The original Xbox was so much easier. Not to hijack your thread, but if someone could tell me where to find the easiest, most straight-forward guide that can accomplish what I need, I would appreciate it greatly.

- virgin Wii with system menu 4.1
- offline installation only
- want to play games from usb drive (probably cfg loader)
- want to play guitar hero/rockband games from USB drive (I already know about WBFS and my hard drive is formatted to that filesystem

Thanks and I will upload a zip with the website saved as well as the "newmod" filepack. I hope megaupoad is alright. I'll reply with the link soon.

edit: Hey, just realized that I bumped a dead thread. Sorry

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
JohnnyWadd said:
Thanks and I will upload a zip with the website saved as well as the "newmod" filepack. I hope megaupoad is alright. I'll reply with the link soon.

No offence Johnny Wad, as I know you are trying to help... But no one is going to want to read that. There is already a very simple, easy to follow guide on these forums. This guide has actually been tested and has proven itself as the 'go-to guide'.

dssguy1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only problem with the guide you list, is that it wants you to update to firmware 4.1 and I would rather stay at 3.2U. MikeandHeth basically had you stay at 3.2U if you were already there.

I would still be interested in that guide because I have hacked about 6 Wii's with the guide and they are all working perfectly with 195+ games on a usb HD. I don't want to have to support any issues that may arise with the 4.1 firmware when everything else I have done has been 3.2U.

So does anyone have this site cached?

http://www.mikeandheth.com/games/97-connec...hard-drive.html

I already have all the files I need, I just can't remember the order to apply them.

I am at 3.3U now and I believe I need to downgrade with Wakinoko(sp) firmware downgrader.
Then install the cIOSrev14

but I thought there was a step in between those because I was at 3.3U and not at 3.2U. Something that would allow me to install the cIOSrev14 without erroring out.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
im sorry man, mikeandheth stole a copy of a really outdated version of my guide and posted it as their own.

why would you want to follow and outdated guide?

do you even have to reason to stay on 3.2?
there isnt one.

dssguy1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I kind of already gave a reason to stay at 3.2U... It was because all of the other Wii's I have around the country have that Menu version and they all work 100% flawlessly.

I am not a Wii hacking expert but in everything else that I have hacked in my life, (DirecTV, Dish, Xbox, iPhone, PS1, PS2, Tivo and various computer games....) it has always been beneficial to stay at the lowest stable version of firmware. Only exception being if you really need something from those later firmwares (which I have not found a need for in the Wii and I have ~200 games already working flawlessly to support that claim).

Do you have a really good reason to upgrade to 4.1 when a wii is currently at 3.2, 3.3, etc? If so, I haven't seen that posted anywhere?

Just my .02.

Side Note, from the guide, I did just realize there was a never version of cIOS38, thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: +1