mikeandheth.com is down!!! O_O

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by thisisragtime, Dec 23, 2009.

Dec 23, 2009
  1. thisisragtime
    OP

Newcomer thisisragtime Newbie

United States
    I was going to use mikeandheth.com's usb loader tutorial for my nephew's wii, but the website is down... [​IMG] Did anyone happen to save the website and/or copy the steps of the guide down? I want to be able to softmod his Wii before he leaves. I would appreciate it very much because I found mikeandheth.com's guide easy to follow when I softmodded my own wii.

2. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
  3. wrettcaughn

Member wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

United States
    lol, where do you think mikeandheath get their guides from?

4. thisisragtime
    OP

United States
  5. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    you do know -poof- have illegal stuff on the site?

Looks can be deceiving [​IMG]

6. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    nope, my bad [​IMG]

that was the first time I actually linked it [​IMG]

7. thisisragtime
    OP

United States
    what site? [​IMG]

8. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    You realise they'll never tell you? [​IMG]

9. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    You realize he already has it? [​IMG]

10. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    You realize that he removed it, and a person with three posts know fully well when to use [​IMG], [​IMG]

11. JohnnyWadd

Newcomer JohnnyWadd Newbie

United States
    I saved one of the web pages and the "newmod" filepack. The guide I have is for a virgin wii with system menu 4.2
    I wish I had saved it all. His guides were very easy to understand. He plainly said do this and that etc. I will upload it if you are interested in that one.

I've been doing research on wii modding for a while. I just got my wii and it has system menu 4.1

I'd rather not update to 4.2 so I can't use the only mikeandheth guide that I saved. I'm trying to find a easy to understand guide so that I can mod offline and install the proper cIOS to play games from a usb drive (including music games which require hermes something or other).

I find it frustrating that every guide I read has some variation in it's steps. The original Xbox was so much easier. Not to hijack your thread, but if someone could tell me where to find the easiest, most straight-forward guide that can accomplish what I need, I would appreciate it greatly.

- virgin Wii with system menu 4.1
    - offline installation only
    - want to play games from usb drive (probably cfg loader)
    - want to play guitar hero/rockband games from USB drive (I already know about WBFS and my hard drive is formatted to that filesystem

Thanks and I will upload a zip with the website saved as well as the "newmod" filepack. I hope megaupoad is alright. I'll reply with the link soon.

edit: Hey, just realized that I bumped a dead thread. Sorry

12. Eddie_Brock

Member Eddie_Brock GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    No offence Johnny Wad, as I know you are trying to help... But no one is going to want to read that. There is already a very simple, easy to follow guide on these forums. This guide has actually been tested and has proven itself as the 'go-to guide'.

13. dssguy1

Newcomer dssguy1 Newbie

United States
    The only problem with the guide you list, is that it wants you to update to firmware 4.1 and I would rather stay at 3.2U. MikeandHeth basically had you stay at 3.2U if you were already there.

I would still be interested in that guide because I have hacked about 6 Wii's with the guide and they are all working perfectly with 195+ games on a usb HD. I don't want to have to support any issues that may arise with the 4.1 firmware when everything else I have done has been 3.2U.

So does anyone have this site cached?

http://www.mikeandheth.com/games/97-connec...hard-drive.html

I already have all the files I need, I just can't remember the order to apply them.

I am at 3.3U now and I believe I need to downgrade with Wakinoko(sp) firmware downgrader.
    Then install the cIOSrev14

but I thought there was a step in between those because I was at 3.3U and not at 3.2U. Something that would allow me to install the cIOSrev14 without erroring out.

14. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    im sorry man, mikeandheth stole a copy of a really outdated version of my guide and posted it as their own.

why would you want to follow and outdated guide?

do you even have to reason to stay on 3.2?
    there isnt one.

15. dssguy1

Newcomer dssguy1 Newbie

United States
    Well, I kind of already gave a reason to stay at 3.2U... It was because all of the other Wii's I have around the country have that Menu version and they all work 100% flawlessly.

I am not a Wii hacking expert but in everything else that I have hacked in my life, (DirecTV, Dish, Xbox, iPhone, PS1, PS2, Tivo and various computer games....) it has always been beneficial to stay at the lowest stable version of firmware. Only exception being if you really need something from those later firmwares (which I have not found a need for in the Wii and I have ~200 games already working flawlessly to support that claim).

Do you have a really good reason to upgrade to 4.1 when a wii is currently at 3.2, 3.3, etc? If so, I haven't seen that posted anywhere?

Just my .02.

Side Note, from the guide, I did just realize there was a never version of cIOS38, thanks!

16. CasperH

CasperH Newbie

Lol, never even heard of that site

17. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I think that site being gone is a good thing.

When that site originally put the guide up, we had a rush of noobs asking for help with it, then an influx of bricked wii posts...

As has been linked several times already, use this: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901