Miiverse has shut down

IMG_5465.JPG

Nintendo has pulled the plug on Miiverse, tonight. The service ran 5 years, letting users on the 3DS and Wii U draw pictures and share screenshots online. Users, and even Nintendo staff took a moment to say their farewells to the short-lived community. It even trended on social media for a brief moment, as people posted their favorite images, silly posts, and artwork. Trying to access Miiverse will now result in an error code on Nintendo consoles.

IMG_5464.JPG

BetterDuck

I am truly remarded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder, will miiverse get the flipnote hatena treatment and live on through some homebrew type shit, or would that be too complicated and will it just die out forever? And does this also mark the end of the wii u for good? Sad times these are, boys.

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
I wonder, will miiverse get the flipnote hatena treatment and live on through some homebrew type shit, or would that be too complicated and will it just die out forever? And does this also mark the end of the wii u for good? Sad times these are, boys.
I mean there's foxverse... but I don't think you want to use foxverse given the developers behind it, but its FOSS so really anyone could rehost it.

Reactions: BetterDuck

BetterDuck

I am truly remarded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean there's foxverse... but I don't think you want to use foxverse given the developers behind it, but its FOSS so really anyone could rehost it.
Yeah I'd never support that shit. I didn't know about foxverse until just now, and only a few minutes of reading tells me all i need to know.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Call me strangle (I am anyways :P), but I actually used Miiverse for what it was intended for. If I was stuck in a game and couldn't figure out for the life of me how to proceed, I would ask for help. I would also return the favor and help others. Sure there was a lot of memes and other garbage on there, but that's to be expected. Welcome to the internet lol.

Reactions: Yoni Arousement

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: