Mii Transfer and eShop Balance

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by gamecaptor, Nov 19, 2012.

Nov 19, 2012
  1. gamecaptor
    OP

Member gamecaptor R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!

United States
    Hello all,

Three questions:

1. When transferring a Mii from a 3DS to a Wii U, are the “stats” brought over with it (the history of what you played, how long, etc.). I transferred over my 3DS Mii and I don’t see anything that would indicate it does, but I’m still playing around with the Wii U so I could very well be missing something.

2. I have read that when you do a system transfer from a Wii to a Wii U it brings over your Mii’s. In this case does it bring over your “stats”? I have not done the system transfer just yet, but I have not read anything to indicate it does from those that have does it.

3. I have a small balance available in the eShop. I see it when I log into the eShop on the 3DS, but I do not see it when I log into eShop on the Wii U (I’ve logged into both systems with the same account). How would I transfer that over, or for that matter, can I even transfer it over (seems to me like the account should carry the balance, not the system).

Regards,

GC

2. HorreC

Newcomer HorreC Advanced Member

United States
    I see the same thing on the 3ds, I think they are going to be separate accounts....Not really happy about that, maybe there will be an option to fix that later on? But for now I guess we have to load up them separately and if you get a 100 gift card for it and wanted two games on different consoles that would not be fun to see if it can be done thru customer service.

3. 9thSage

Member 9thSage GBAtemp Fan

United States
    As far as the Wii to WiiU everything will be exactly the same on the WiiU side of things as on the Wii (when in Wii Mode). You could also transfer those over to the WiiU side of things.

4. gamecaptor
    OP

United States
    After some more reading, it looks like the Mii's are all independent of each other, in other words there is no history if you transfer it over. It's a real shame as I would like to see the Mii's start to have a legacy or lineage as we progress through Nintendo consoles (like the Xbox profiles/avatar). I'm hopeful that the Nintendo Network ID will be a start for this (though I don't see how since they are tied to one console). Seems like a real missed opportunity here.

As for the eShop balance, it does appear to be independent on the 3DS and the Wii U. That seems REALLY strange to me. Perhaps this is only a temporary thing?

5. Kadin

Member Kadin Ain't no rest for the wicked...

United States
    Yeah the Wii Shop and all of its credits are completely separate from any others. As to stats coming over from the Wii, no they don't. That info remains on the originating Wii.

I think the Wii U clearly is a step in the right direction while they attempt to unjumble this little clusterfuck they created with multiple eshops, etc.

6. gamecaptor
    OP

United States
    I agree. Nintendo needs to start unifying the experience a little bit. I would like to see my Mii/Profile stats shared on my 3DS and Wii U and any future consoles Nintendo puts out.