SwimmerAnt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I purchased a migswitch online and waiting for it to arrive. I have downloaded a few XCI files but I have been reading I also need certificate and bin files to play the games ?

Is there a way around this ? Like an app for a pc that will create the files I'm looking for?
I don't ever play online (my switch hasn't ever seen a WiFi connection)
I didn't purchase the migswitch dump tool

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You've wasted your own money on a flashcart whereas you can get somebody to chip your Switch for you. There are currently reports of people being banned from their Switch while playing their legitimate games online with the Mig Switch. A chipped/softmodded Switch is a safer alternative compared to a $70 POS.

SwimmerAnt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You've wasted your own money on a flashcart whereas you can get somebody to chip your Switch for you. There are currently reports of people being banned from their Switch while playing their legitimate games online with the Mig Switch. A chipped/softmodded Switch is a safer alternative compared to a $70 POS.
I don’t care for online gaming I never play any game online, here is the UK we don’t have skilled people that I would trust modding my switch
Post automatically merged:

No, why didn't you research before buying it?
I did but obviously not enough thought there would be a certificate and bin file out there to download

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those where fake as far as I can tell. The picture looked hella sus and the poster deleted the threads both times(and his account)

Ive been playing my gamefly games that I promptly returned and I have yet to be banned

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
If I was to buy the Dumper (from migswitch) could I use one my games files to play other XCI files ?
From what I've gathered, each game cartridge comes with five different files you need for the game to work: 1) base game, 2) initial data, 3) certificate, 4) card id set and 5) card uid. Any XCI files found online will need to be redumped with matching initial data files. Otherwise, they are useless for the MIG Switch at the moment. The rest of the files apparently can be taken from a cheap donor game, renamed accordingly.

Now, what kind of telemetry your console will collect is unknown, I guess. I've heard that people had no issues so far playing games that way, other than that one questionable banned user that posted on reddit and deleted their post shortly after.

I didn't purchase the migswitch dump tool
Unless you have a hacked Switch, you won't be able to extract all the additional files you need from a cheap donor game. I wouldn't download any random cert files from the Internet as those will be used by people that don't care about getting their consoles banned.

If I was to buy the Dumper (from migswitch) could I use one my games files to play other XCI files ?
Not unless you get initial data file for that game at the very least. It must match the game you're about to put on your MIG Switch, there's no way around it (for now?).

Is there a way around this ? Like an app for a pc that will create the files I'm looking for?
None at the moment.

Lumpofcoal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The MIG cart itself is already elusive enough as it is with many orders still being unfufilled or just outright cancelled. It's even worse for the dumper. I don't think there's any normie in the world who has gotten one outside of a few prototypes for youtubers. Many of those shops are accepting orders for the dumpers without any sort of indication or guarantee that the dumper would be going into mass production.

As such, I think it would be more prudent to plan around a situation where you are unable to get your hands on a dumper.

Last edited by Lumpofcoal,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Almond Joys got nuts!