OP NikkoKozukata GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm currently running sysNAND CFW 10.1.0/ Atmosphere 14.1
    I have a 256gb sd card exfat since I got my switch 9 months ago
    Im gonna be as detailed as possible
    I dont use RetroArch
    I use ns-usbloader to install dumped games through awoo
    I use ftp to install homebrews such as sys modules and mods on smash

I've been planning to migrate to FAT32 because I feel like my sd card is getting corrupted, sometimes NXActivity log.nro has exclamation icon but when I reinstall it will be resolve, there was one time when I was deleting a screenshot I accidentally closed the gallery and then I saw a corrupted video clip the day after but all the other screenshots/videos are safe. and most recently after a successful install of a game I loaded it and opened tesla then I saw an overlay with a blank name but I knew it was Sysclock overlay so while the game is loading I opened it and atmos crash, after the reboot I relaunched the game but it gave me an error then a prompt to check corruption, I check corruption but it suddenly says my sd card is corrupted so I tried loading other games but sees no problem all of my games are working fine and also uninstalled the corrupted game then reinstall its working fine now. I also reinstalled sysclk overlay its not blank on tesla now and not crashing atmosphere anymore.
    here I my concerns:
    I dont have an sd card reader but I use the mount function of tegraGUI to access my SD, is it safe to format it d that way?
    What tool do I use to format it and what allocation size?
    Do I just copy everything from my sd so if I boot my switch it will be as if nothing ever happened just change its sd storage to fat32?
    How about the installed games in the Nintendo folder? are there any files there that are larger than 4gb how will I copy that?

2. NikkoKozukata

United States
    So here's what I'm gonna do
    1. Put switch into RCM to mount sd to PC via TegraRCM
    2. Backup all SD files to PC
    3. Boot to Hekate to use partition manager to format sd to fat32
    4. Mount to PC again using TegraRCM GUI
    5. Copy all sd files hoping that the Nintendo folder doesn't contain files larger than 4gb
    6. Boot Vanilla Atmosphere using primary payload
    7. Cross finger that all my games, homebrews and mods are still there and working

Last edited by NikkoKozukata, Sep 1, 2020
  3. capsleepyy

capsleepyy Member
    Newcomer

United States
    You can just to the entire process in Hekate, to be honest. It can mount the SD to your PC as USB mass storage and you can transfer everything from there without needing to reboot or anything. Just keep the Bootloader folder on your SD (Hekate can save up to 1GB of data when partitioning)
    Games are installed to your SD as chunks smaller than 4GB so you don't have to worry when transferring things back, unless you have mods or other files larger than that. Shouldn't be the case for game backups though.

TheCasualties and NikkoKozukata like this.
  4. NikkoKozukata

United States
    Thank you for confirming.
    So if I do this correctly my switch will boot to Atmosphere like nothing ever happened everything would still be there my games, gallery, homebrew, cfw configs etc.

Last edited by NikkoKozukata, Sep 1, 2020
  5. TheCasualties

TheCasualties Just trying to be helpful

Netherlands
    Yep! You should be good to go.

Didn't see this thread when I replied to your question in another thread. Looks like you've got the process down. Just use Hekate for everything.

NikkoKozukata likes this.
  6. Hexalform

Hexalform Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Remember to apply Hekate's registry file if you are using Windows to make the most of full speeds when you mount your SD card and are moving files to/from:

https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/re...sb_max_rate__run_only_once_per_windows_pc.reg

From the github:

Last edited by Hexalform, Sep 2, 2020
  7. NikkoKozukata

United States
    So I managed to copy all of my files from my SD card to my computer, it took me 3hrs to copy all of it I guess the registry file above helped because I was able to get 40MB/s on UMS during transfer.
    I'll probably continue tomorrow. I have no idea how to use Hekate's Partition Manager.
    Would you help me? I want to format the entire SD card to FAT32 I don't need EmuMMC.

8. NikkoKozukata

United States
    SUCCESS!!
    After 3hrs of backing up and 2x times attempt to copy it back to the (almost 6hrs)
    I was getting nervous of my files getting corrupted because of the failed first attempt
    Everything is working fine, It even gave me more storage!
    Thanks guys

9. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Next time, post in the right section. Your question had very little to nothing about CFW, exploits, or softmods so there was no reason to post it there.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Migrating, EXFAT, FAT32