Hacking Mighty Channels

game_rat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TerryG said:
Mighty Channels works perfect running from my usb drive when launched from HBC, but launching from a forwarder channel returns a -1 error. I assume it's due to the forwarder not reading the settings from the meta.xml, but I'm not totally sure. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Installed a forwarder channel and had the same result. The problem went away once I enabled the path argument in the meta.xml file. My nand is on the root of the drive, args listed below.

--ios=248
--auto=USB
--partition=0
--path=/

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm really sorry about this bug guys, I fixed it with my new cfg-loader forwarder version, I'll upload it now.

edit: OK here is the fixed version!

Loading Paths:
QUOTE said:
sd:/apps/mighty_channels/boot.dol
sd:/apps/triiforce_mrc/boot.dol
sd:/apps/mighty_channels/boot.elf
sd:/apps/triiforce_mrc/boot.elf
usb:/apps/mighty_channels/boot.dol
usb:/apps/triiforce_mrc/boot.dol
usb:/apps/mighty_channels/boot.elf
usb:/apps/triiforce_mrc/boot.elf

Download:
Mighty Channels - MIGH - IOS58 v10.wad (Mirror)

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm new to this, just want to know if this is fixed yet:

Wi-Fi connection during game does not work correctly.

hack3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this for sure not work with an SDHC card? I get an "error: I can't get title list" message every time I try to load from my SD. Is that probably why?

game_rat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
game_rat said:
Do I have to alter the xml file every time I want to start a game with a different base ios or is there a way to specify which game starts with which base?

Just thought I'd bump this because I'm still a little unclear about the correct setup. Do I need to change the xml every time I want to use a different ios base?Also, in regards to d2x, is there a list of what games work with what ios base? I know about some of the big problem games like Lost Winds but a lot of games that work at startup will freeze my Wii once I exit. Thanks in advance.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
game_rat said:
I'm still a little unclear about the correct setup. Do I need to change the xml every time I want to use a different ios base?
Yes, if you want MC to use a different base, you need to edit the xml file, so better use base 56, this base works with most games..
QUOTEAlso, in regards to d2x, is there a list of what games work with what ios base? I know about some of the big problem games like Lost Winds but a lot of games that work at startup will freeze my Wii once I exit. Thanks in advance.
Not sure, but there are triiforce compatibility lists, you might get a good idea of compatibility from those lists, as MC is basically Triiforce new version.

hack3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hack3r said:
Does this for sure not work with an SDHC card? I get an "error: I can't get title list" message every time I try to load from my SD. Is that probably why?

still need help please
sad.gif

stfour

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hack3r said:
hack3r said:

still need help please
sad.gif

SDHC cards are supported by mc... what ciosx (or cios) version are you using ?

hack3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zizer said:
try use d2x or rev 17

How would I change the rev? Sorry, it's been ages since I read up on this stuff and I always tend to forget it over time. I have MMM but do I need to download another file? Also I'm not sure what d2x is.

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mmm, you missed quite a bit...D2X is THE new cIOS.

Zizer mentioned Wanin's rev17 and Davebaol's D2X because they have the best emunand compatibility.
In my opinion D2X is the one to choose, because it is still being developed as we speak.

Just look here on GBAtemp and you will find a sticky topic which tells everything on D2X.
On the same page you can find a D2X installer, it workes more or less the same way as Wanin's installers.
Only difference is, you have to choose a base and ios slot where you want to install the cIOS.

You will also find an installation instuction on the first page.

hack3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Etheboss said:
mmm, you missed quite a bit...D2X is THE new cIOS.

Zizer mentioned Wanin's rev17 and Davebaol's D2X because they have the best emunand compatibility.
In my opinion D2X is the one to choose, because it is still being developed as we speak.

Just look here on GBAtemp and you will find a sticky topic which tells everything on D2X.
On the same page you can find a D2X installer, it workes more or less the same way as Wanin's installers.
Only difference is, you have to choose a base and ios slot where you want to install the cIOS.

You will also find an installation instuction on the first page.

Thanks, I'll go check it out. I hadn't heard about this new cIOS, but then again I don't really keep myself updated unless I'm having a problem with something haha

wyk126

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi is there any one can tell me why it says my wii's system memory is corrupted?

previously I installed 249 base 38, and 250 base 57, both cannot work to start wiiware on Mighty Channels

now I'm using cIOS240[55]-v21, I can run wiiwares in Mighty Channels now . and I can run other wiiwares but only expect Dr. Mario.

the symtons is I can enter Dr Mario game and see the game warnings then theres a window popup says my Wii's memory is corrupted, I need to press 2 to go back to wii's menu

what can I do to make Dr Mario run ?

Thank you!

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will only cause a banner brick; If you have priiloader installed you can access the HBC or use it's apploader if your using Priiloader .07 and uninstall the .WAD

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
kylster said:
Will only cause a banner brick; If you have priiloader installed you can access the HBC or use it's apploader if your using Priiloader .07 and uninstall the .WAD
Mmm, maybe you should correct your answer kylster, you say it WILL only cause a banner brick, u might better change that to "It possibly CAN cause a banner brick".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: