Hacking Mighty Channels

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
I´ve got a bit more testing to do. Looks AWESOME. Works nicely with USB NAND (from Triiforce) and I love the look & feel. Downloading of images perfect. Using rev17b on IOS249 I got some issues loading games. Sometimes they work and other times I just get a black screen. One time it did work it desynced my wii remote so I couldn´t actually play the game (golden axe). Works fine on triiforce.

Like I said though, got some more testing to do.

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
I found one already. Can´t remember where (elotrolado? wiiscene?) and it's cool. Asks you if you want to use SD nand or USB nand. Works great.

coreduo0099

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking forward to installing.

I have checked the thread but have not seen if this is compatible with SDHC cards or with 2TB hard drives. Triiforce was incompatible with both.

Has anyone had luck with either and Mighty Channels?

Thanks

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
* it downloads only images of their region (Triiforce mrc tried to download PAL and NTSC) so maybe some images are not available yet
Maybe there could be an option for this to download the cover from another region if current don't exist. Also an option to redownload all covers again, and maybe an option in the game setting to download that game cover only. Or something like that.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
marc_max said:
Thanks to everyone for reporting. This is getting closer to the final version.

I posted BETA3. I haven't tested it, but it should fix the SD emulation. Please try it!
Well...I can confirm that the issue I had last night with the SD emulated nand is gone in this version. Good work.
smile.gif

I have, however, a request that may become important: the ability to choose a cIOS for each game. As it is, everything works on whatever is installed on slot 249 (rev17, in my case). Now that rev21 also has compatibility, it may be interesting to compare directly without having to swap cIOS'es inbetween.
smile.gif

@coreduo: this is a non-SDHC card. I'll see if I can get the same result on my SDHC one.
EDIT: hmm...I get a "ERROR: I can't get title list" on that one. Strange. This is with a different emulated nand, so it may not be caused by card incompatibility. Will test some more.
EDIT2: tested with very same nand, and gives the same error. Damn.
mellow.gif
(note: this is a 4GB SDHC card from integral; it gives the same error in triiforce mrc)

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
marc_max said:
Thanks to everyone for reporting. This is getting closer to the final version.

I posted BETA3. I haven't tested it, but it should fix the SD emulation. Please try it!

Works like a charn

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
BETA 3 not available. Please post again.

EDIT: OK, got it off elotrolado.

EDIT2: By the way, I got rev17b installed, but if I want to test with rev21, what is the best base to test with? 38?

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
icw35 said:
I found one already. Can´t remember where (elotrolado? wiiscene?) and it's cool. Asks you if you want to use SD nand or USB nand. Works great.
can you upload it and provide me with a link?

Edit: i found one on wiihacks.com already, but am still interested in your forwarder.

jsugarsmacks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, first I would like to say that so far I love Mighty Channels. I have been waiting for this release for some time and am very pleased with the results. I have two questions though.

1. Is the meta.xml generated by the program or is it something I have to put together. I have searched both my HDD and SD card and cannot find it anywhere.

2. I am making a skin for mighty channels and I need to know how I can move the page count higher up on the screen. I have a large banner that I need to place at the bottom of the screen but it is interfering with the page count. Is it possible for me to move the page count numbers?

Once again thanks for a great loader and any help that anyone can give with these two issues will be greatly appreciated. Bye

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
Etheboss said:
icw35 said:
can you upload it and provide me with a link?

Edit: i found one on wiihacks.com already, but am still interested in your forwarder.

Try this one:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PVHAHDPH

coreduo0099

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

First of all, Great job on this new menu system.. This is by far nicer than the old Triiforce. Thanks for your contribution.

I did some compatibility testing with some different hardware and thought I would share it to save others frustration, and perhaps it might even lead to better compatibility...

The following is based on Beta 3 only...

I'll try to explain my logic in the following table:
IOS_Rev-Base - This is the IOS tested and its Base
Test Sequence - The order I used to test the VC/WiiWare
SD_Nand - Was the loader Compatible with SD based 2Gig NAND
SDHC_Nand - Was the loader Compatible with SDHC based 16Gig NAND (game compatibility is different)
1TB_HD - Was a large capacity drive compatible (I used a 2TB)
NES_Error - Did the NES games give errors
WiiWare_Start - Was there a delay from developer titles to actual game start (Arknoid was my test as it could get a 30 sec delay depending on CIOS)
2ND NAND Cfg - Did an existing working uNeek setup work with that IOS

2lbp1eh.jpg

In the screenshot below, I list the success/failure for each title. i.e. the VC_N64 testing used MarioKart and WaveRace.
Test 1 was IOS 21-38, which resulted in Error0 for MarioKart, and then also with WaveRace. However those titles worked under 17-38, and then alwo with 21-57
When Testing the VC_NeoGeo Titles, for 21-80, only Metal Slug 2 (MS2) was tested and resulted in the Error3 message

2rh4hs1.png

Conclusions base on my testing. (I would be very interested if others get the non-working titles I used to work on the hardware/IOS combo tested):
1) rev 17 appears to be the only truely compatible IOS. This solution is perfect for a Wii with a drive

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Wow...those are pretty interesting tests and conclusions, coreduo0099. Thanks a lot.
smile.gif

I'll see if I can replicate some of your findings later.

@suhbastian: erm...I'l leave that question to marc_max to reply, if you don't mind (in other words: I have no idea).

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off let me say that i love mighty channels thus far! the only problem I'm having at the moment is:

When i first set up mighty channels to autoload USB nand, it works great and every game i had installed on the usb nand showed up (was only 2..Heavy Fire and Sonic ep4) and they work great.

So I went back to the PC to install more (Space Invaders,Midnight Pool,Contra Rebirth,Pokemon Rumble)

After installing these via showmiiwads like I did for the first 2, they won't show up in Mighty Channels (each game is NTSC/Region Free....as is my Wii)

Any help would be appreciated!
smile.gif

Also, I can't test from SD because my sd slot is broken
frown.gif

-----------------------------------------------
My setup is as follows:

Autoload USB-Nand
from IOS 250 (Rev21 IOS250 base 38)
320GB Seagate Free-Agent (Sleeping disabled)

EDIT:Deleted the mighty_channels.cfg and then all games showed up
smile.gif

Contra Rebirth - Black Screen
Space Invaders Get Even - Error Accessing Wii Memory
Pokemon Rumble - Black Screen (could never get it working on triiforce either)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol