Homebrew midi player 3ds port?

pankyonshii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
made this account just to ask this, im getting desperate.

im wondering if its possible to port a super simple midi player- lets say tmidi, to the 3ds.
yes, i know about moonshell, limeplayer, and korg m01d. moonshell's super difficult to get running on the 3ds even with tw++ (and even then its soundfont barely supports enough instruments), limeplayer just does not work for my midis, and you can't import midis into korg, only export.

the main reason im interested in tmidi, or tom's midi player, being ported in specific is because:
1. it's written in c++
2. it's completely open source
3. it uses none of windows' built in midi dependencies
and 4. its so simple that im confident the 3ds can run it.
it's also a standalone program once built and compiled with no other .dll files on windows.

i know a synthesizer would also be necessary, and since the 3ds can't really run things like that in the background like windows can, i imagine it would have to be built into the program.

does this all sound feasible?

p.s., not trying to play doom music or something, i just have a general interest in midis and 3ds homebrew and i think it would be cool to combine the two. ive also wanted a proper midi player for the 3ds ever since ive found out about the tiny midi scene there was for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT