Hacking MICROSDHC?

Ochi-Nu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, yeah. Basically, I just got the new CycloDS Black :3 Very nice and posh.

but I need a MicroSDHC. Or MicroSD, whatever. I' am not sure of the difference.
I don't really want to order online. I live in Quebec (big province, good luck finding me) and there aren't many stores around here :3

Which one should I buy? How many games (16 to 64) + their .savs can a 2Gb hold? I had a DS-X before and it has 4 GB @_@ Wow! But it's pretty shitty.

I hear Kingston is good, but I can't find a 4gb in Futureshop or Best Buy n_n;; and how much does it cost? I don't want the adapter, I have one. But without it, it seems to cost more. I think.

How odd.

Links to stores and prices are great :3

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
microSD = 2gig or less

microSDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity) - More than 2gigs.

On a 2gig card, you should be able to have between 35-50 games, depending on their size.
The best microSD cards are the 1 and 2gig Kingston (Japan)

And SDHC card is usually 4gigs or more, so you will be able to hold MANY more games on it.
I don't know anything about SDHC cards, so I don't know which are best for those.

naes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best microSDHC is A-Data 4GB Class 6.

Also, where in Quebec? I lived in the West Island (Montreal) area.

Ochi-Nu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wow. 35-50 games O_____o;;

My DS-X can't hold that much and it says: 4GB. Is this true? I only need a 2gb one. Where can I purchase it? Is there a certain brand better than others?

I live by Bonaventure. Near le Centre Bell :3

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

Wow. 35-50 games O_____o;;

My DS-X can't hold that much and it says: 4GB. Is this true? I only need a 2gb one. Where can I purchase it? Is there a certain brand better than others?

I live by Bonaventure. Near le Centre Bell :3
There are 4Gbits (0.5GB) and 16Gbits (2GB) DS-X.
Kingston makes good 2 GB microsds.

terminator99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iam currently using a SANDISK 8GB SDHC with a TTDS+eWin Expansion. Which is a perfect combination, The SANDISK has very fast transfere rates.
ohmy.gif
lecture.gif

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
^ I got the same setup but with a DSTT
tongue.gif
( big difference.. not)
and yeah, the transfer rate is quite high, faster than my G6 1GB with internal memory
ohmy.gif
and it has no lagg in any games I've tried.

also, Ochi-Nu, the DS-Xtreme you are talking about only has 0.5GB (512MB) which is 4Gbit. so, a 2GB memory card is 4 times bigger.
1GB can hold about 20games, 2GB can hold about 40 and so on.

Avenger

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you live in Quebec, your flag is the one with the red leaf on it, not the red white and blue with stars. Also, you indicate you want local - any links given will be for online ordering. Get A-Data or Kingston MicroSD from www.ncix.com or www.directcanada.com and you are set.

Ochi-Nu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you live in Quebec, your flag is the one with the red leaf on it, not the red white and blue with stars. Also, you indicate you want local - any links given will be for online ordering. Get A-Data or Kingston MicroSD from www.ncix.com or www.directcanada.com and you are set.

Ordering online costs usually more, no?

Shrug, maybe all I need is 1 GB n_n; I barely have 20 games as it is~

I'm not looking for 8GBs x___x costs too much. How much would a 2 gb or 1 gb be? Is it possible to get it without the adaptor? (since I have one already)

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you live in Quebec, your flag is the one with the red leaf on it, not the red white and blue with stars.  Also, you indicate you want local - any links given will be for online ordering.  Get A-Data or Kingston MicroSD from www.ncix.com or www.directcanada.com and you are set.

I find, 9 times out of 10, online prices to be lower than brick and mortar stores.

QUOTEShrug, maybe all I need is 1 GB n_n; I barely have 20 games as it is~

I'm not looking for 8GBs x___x costs too much. How much would a 2 gb or 1 gb be? Is it possible to get it without the adaptor? (since I have one already)

You shouldn't pay more than $10/GB.

I have never seen a micro SD card sold without the micro to full-size SD adapter(which is not a reader like you get with most flash cards). It might affect the price by a buck or two.

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I got mine for quite a nice price 600 Swedish Kronor. (which is about 90$ and very cheap for expensive sweden..)
and that was on the launch day for the card in sweden, I was just going to buy the 4GB version, but when i went to order they had just then recieved the 8GB version, and I went for it (not that much more expensive)
I'm pleased, and find it price-worthy.

naes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you live in Quebec, your flag is the one with the red leaf on it, not the red white and blue with stars. Also, you indicate you want local - any links given will be for online ordering. Get A-Data or Kingston MicroSD from www.ncix.com or www.directcanada.com and you are set.

Then just find a 1GB card at a store and buy it. Then look it up online to see if it will work. If it will be okay, keep it. If not, return it because it's unopened.

Ochi-Nu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Then just find a 1GB card at a store and buy it. Then look it up online to see if it will work. If it will be okay, keep it. If not, return it because it's unopened.
Oh!

My flag on my username says America.
It's weird because when I play Worms online, it says America too ._.;

I went to the stores and 2gb was 69.99 which is fucking crazy o_o

naes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Oh!

Yeah, I highly suggest buying online. If you have any family in the US, order one from newegg.com and mail it to your family in the US and then have them send it to you. Make sure they mark it as a gift and keep the value around $10.

S

scubersteve

2GB was $70?
Wow.
I'm in Toronto,and I'm pretty sure that there are TigerDirect (yes, Canada has TigerDirect) stores in Quebec. They sell 2GB microSD cards for $20-$40

Ochi-Nu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Oh!

Yeah, I highly suggest buying online. If you have any family in the US, order one from newegg.com and mail it to your family in the US and then have them send it to you. Make sure they mark it as a gift and keep the value around $10.

Why gift and under 10$?

I'll look at Tigerdirect.ca now :3 I'll probably bu ythere

naes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Oh!

Why gift and under 10$?

I'll look at Tigerdirect.ca now :3 I'll probably bu ythere
Because the Canadian Post Service charges huge fees and if you mark it as a gift and around $10 there shouldn't be any fees.

Ochi-Nu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Manufacturer's Warranty Contact Information

Kingston memory products have a limited lifetime warranty.

Please visit www.kingston.com for warranty information on other products. This warranty is provided by Kingston Technology.

For online technical support see Kingston Technology Support

Kingston Technology Co.
17600 Newhope St.
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
USA"

Guess not D;~

I don't really play Castlevania. Any other games I should look out about?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: