MicroSD is not detected

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by hyponiser, Aug 5, 2010.

Aug 5, 2010

MicroSD is not detected by hyponiser at 2:53 AM (1,553 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. hyponiser
    OP

Newcomer hyponiser Newbie

Canada
    Hi, I am new to this forum so I don't know if there already is a post related to this, but I looked everywhere and couldn't find the answers i need. Also, sorry if this isn't really geared toward DSTT but it somewhat is, so if anyone could help, then thanks in advance. [​IMG]

Here's my dilemma:

A while back, I purchased a DSTT (not DSTTi) card, which I am pretty convinced that it's real

Picture: [​IMG]

With it came a 4GB SanDisk MicroSDHC Card as well.

Pic: [​IMG]

They also gave me an adapter which "converted" the MicroSDHC into a USB format so I can add/delete games.

Pic: [​IMG]

Now, when I received the DSTT, I didn't have to format it or install the kernel onto the MicroSDHC, because the seller already installed it for me along with the Yasu Menu (I think [​IMG] ) and 84 games as well. So basically, I didn't even have to touch the MicroSDHC.

Pic:
    (Menu of root folder top screen) [​IMG]
    (Menu of root floder bottom screen) [​IMG]

(Directory of games top screen) [​IMG]
    (Directory of games bottom screen) [​IMG]

The games worked flawlessly (except one game: Super Mario 64 DS):

Pic:
    (Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games) [​IMG]

Then, I decided I wanted to add some more games onto the MicroSDHC, however when I put it into the adapter, and then connected it to my PC (Windows Vista 32 bit), nothing showed up, as if I hadn't even connected anything into the PC. My computer just lay still. However, if I connect USB flash drives (the ones with actual storage e.g. 8GB), autorun always pops up.

So, I decided to look into the issue and browsed over google, looking into the disk management, looking for hidden drives, but still, nothing happened.

If anyone has this problem, or knows how to fix it, pleaseeeee help me as I am getting a little desperate [​IMG]

IN A NUTSHELL MY PROBLEM IS THIS: When I connect my adapter with the MicroSDHC inside it to my PC, nothing shows up as if nothing is connected inside it. How do I fix it, and a million thanks in advance.

2. retrogamefan

Member retrogamefan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    Sounds like the SD Card reader is defective sorry to say. Try it also on another PC to see if it works. If not, there is nothing you can do about it sorry except buy yourself a new card reader [​IMG].

3. hyponiser
    OP

Newcomer hyponiser Newbie

Canada
    ok, well that's too bad. anyway, thanks for responding

4. Smash Br0

Member Smash Br0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Then, I decided I wanted to add some more games onto the MicroSDHC, however when I put it into the adapter, and then connected it to my PC (Windows Vista 32 bit), nothing showed up, as if I hadn't even connected anything into the PC. My computer just lay still. However, if I connect USB flash drives (the ones with actual storage e.g. 8GB), autorun always pops up.

I have the EXACT same problem - My PC can't "see" my 8GB MicroSD card when I plug it in via MicroSD-to-SD and/or SD-to-USB. The only way I can manage the contents of my MicroSD is to plug it into our newer computer, which I assume has newer card reader technology. My old PC must not be able to read high-capacity MicroSD cards... Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix that problem yet. I'm guessing there must be some hardware I need to update somewhere? :/

Sounds like the SD Card reader is defective sorry to say. Try it also on another PC to see if it works. If not, there is nothing you can do about it sorry except buy yourself a new card reader [​IMG]

That is what I tried, and my MicroSD-to-SD adapter and my SD-to-USB adapter bot work fine on other computers. My computer just can't read high-capacity MicroSD cards. I dunno if it can read HC SD cards.

5. Smash Br0

Member Smash Br0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    A while back, I purchased a DSTT (not DSTTi) card, which I am pretty convinced that it's real

You should check your DSTT's authenticity with the fake-checker app (there's a link in the DSTT FAQ) - I have the same model DSTT as you (and the app says its authentic), but yours has a different sticker background than mine. FYI.