Hardware MicroSD card reader don’t read micro sd. (Error 2002-2001)

clianvXAi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hi, i have this switch for over a year now. I overused my sd card alot, especially with skyrim mods, and 2 days ago, i see that my switch don’t recognize any of my sd cards (from time to time i get error 2002-2001). I don’t have money to repaired in the near future, there is anyway i can use atmosphere without an sd card? Any help will be appreciated, thanx.

PolyPig

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! Sorry to hear about the issue you are having. as far as I know, ReiNX CFW works without a SdCard. only thing is, you need to boot reinx with a sdcard One time, then the rest of the time no microsdcard is needed. you could try removing the switch's back plate and make sure the orange thing you see is plugged in correctly. (make sure your console is powered off before checking.) Just the back panel is needed to be removed. There is a metal plate that you dont need to touch that will protect the parts inside. so that is what i would recommend. hope this helps :) - Polypig

Reactions: clianvXAi

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are options where you never have to remove your sd card again. nxmtp can move files to your sd card while in your switch through usb. There's also Goldleaf to install games through usb. This would prevent you ever having to remove your sd card unless you buy a bigger one or something like that.

clianvXAi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
You could order a replacement sd adapter if your pins isn't damaged, should have rely more on FTP.

True, i should have used ftp, totally my fault, didn’t think. Wish i could have the money, but unfortunately can’t afford for now (in my country Switch have almost no support, i will have to buy from ebay or something).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello! Sorry to hear about the issue you are having. as far as I know, ReiNX CFW works without a SdCard. only thing is, you need to boot reinx with a sdcard One time, then the rest of the time no microsdcard is needed. you could try removing the switch's back plate and make sure the orange thing you see is plugged in correctly. (make sure your console is powered off before checking.) Just the back panel is needed to be removed. There is a metal plate that you dont need to touch that will protect the parts inside. so that is what i would recommend. hope this helps :) - Polypig

That sounds interesting, but i can’t use sd card at all. It just work for 2 seconds (when it works) and then i got that error, 2002-2001, and it kind of tell me to restart the console, because sd card was not found or something like that. thank for you response, will try to find a tri screwdriver, i saw that it does not have the ‘normal’ screws...

clianvXAi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I can’t find any triwing screwdriver... any solution to unscrew those impossible screws without a triwing?

xstre pwnsx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to find a triwing those nintendo screws are so weak I wouldn't mess around with a hacked together method to unscrew them, then you'll just have a nintendo switch with stripped screws that will be a nightmare to get into. The actual sd card reader replacement is nice and easy assuming there is not damage on the motherboard. It's a nice plug n' play thing.

Reactions: clianvXAi

clianvXAi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
You have to find a triwing those nintendo screws are so weak I wouldn't mess around with a hacked together method to unscrew them, then you'll just have a nintendo switch with stripped screws that will be a nightmare to get into. The actual sd card reader replacement is nice and easy assuming there is not damage on the motherboard. It's a nice plug n' play thing.
I only found 2 screwdriver to buy, one is y 0.6, the other one is y 2.0
In my country there are no special packs for nintendo switch screwdrivers. Do you know if one of those 2 will work?

clianvXAi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
1.5mm y the .5mm difference will matter, if you don't mind me asking what country are you in?
I am from Romania.

I could get rid of those 4 screws in y by founding a local store with repairs for tablets/mobiles. Unfortunately even after cleaning the card reader, i get the same error, looks like the card reader it’s demaged.

There is any other way i can boot a cfw without an sd card?
Or can i use in any way the sd card in switch withoud the card reader?
- i wonder if there is an adapter for sd card to use it in game card reader
- also if the sd card will work with otg card reader (guess here will be hard to inject the payload)

I don’t know, i have no other ideas. I guess at some point in time i will have to buy a replacer for card reader, just don’t any money for now.

r5xscn

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am from Romania.

I could get rid of those 4 screws in y by founding a local store with repairs for tablets/mobiles. Unfortunately even after cleaning the card reader, i get the same error, looks like the card reader it’s demaged.

There is any other way i can boot a cfw without an sd card?
Or can i use in any way the sd card in switch withoud the card reader?
- i wonder if there is an adapter for sd card to use it in game card reader
- also if the sd card will work with otg card reader (guess here will be hard to inject the payload)

I don’t know, i have no other ideas. I guess at some point in time i will have to buy a replacer for card reader, just don’t any money for now.
Just save up and wait. Be patient. Dont do anything stupid. You can easily break/brick your switch since your sd card reader is broken. My guess is your card reader has a bent pin or more. At this point, if you don't know what you are doing, just wait.

clianvXAi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
y0pGNtz

I just saw now that it has one missing pin. Can be repaired?

LittlestCube

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
y0pGNtz

I just saw now that it has one missing pin. Can be repaired?

clianvXAi, if you managed to get into your Switch, it is possible to perform a soldering job yourself in order to get your microSD card reader to work again. If your Switch has a missing pin as you say, then simply buying a new reader will not work. In fact, the odds are against the reader being the issue at all.

If you so choose, you can purchase the necessary tools and do it yourself, or you may take your Switch to someone (possibly a friend) who is experienced with soldering; in either case, you can follow these links to find some information about what to do (credit to ma boi mitcha, he has been extremely helpful to everyone with this issue).

https://gbatemp.net/threads/problem...endo-switch-mother-board.552215/#post-8867689

https://gbatemp.net/threads/microsd-card-readers-connector-pins-broken.553774/#post-8895426

This link is particularly helpful in showing you which points to solder for which missing pins:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/sd-card-port-issue.521485/

Last edited by LittlestCube,
Reactions: mitcha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr