Micro SDXC 64GB for Multirom?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Runehasa, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Runehasa
    OP

Runehasa GBAtemp Regular

Oct 12, 2007
    United States
    Ohio
    Trying to plan ahead and have a card ready for when gateway releases the 2.0 final with multirom support. I know it may be impossible to know since they only mentioned that it supports FAT32 but does anyone know if it will be possible to use a 64GB Class 10 Sandisk Micro SDXC card or will I need to use a 32GB SDHC class 10 card? Ideally the more space the better so I would prefer the 64 obviously

2. iCEQB

iCEQB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 2, 2013
    United States
    Depends on how much space the Gateway Team is capable to address with their hardware.
    FAT32 isn't the bottleneck here, it supports devices up to ~8TB (with a 32 kB cluster size).

3. Runehasa
    OP

Runehasa GBAtemp Regular

Oct 12, 2007
    United States
    Ohio
    Hmm ok so it sounds like there is no way of knowing until they release more information. I will send them an email and see if I can get a response. They have been awesome so far with their communication even though their release predictions never panned out.

4. Light-Master

Light-Master Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2013
    100 3DS roms is not going to fit on 64GB Micro SD card.. The total of 100 best 3ds roms is around 80GB - 100GB. :teach:
    You need 128GB Micro SD card which not available just yet.

5. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    I have every 3DS rom worth playing right now, including a few that are just decent, and the file size is only a little over 20GB. In a couple years the list of must-haves might be longer, but right now I think 32GB is plenty.