Gattsu80

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi,

I recently bought an Acekard 2.1 bundled with a Kingston 4GB Micro SDHC Class 4(Taiwan). I found I get slowdown and every now and then slow loading textures in Chinatown Wars. I also get slowdown with other games such as Jump Ultimate Stars, Bleach - Dark souls/Blade of Fate. So after reading up on these forums it seems the Kingston Taiwan cards are crap.

So I need a card with a better Randon Access Time with out spending a fortune. I was looking at a Transcend 8GB Class 6, Lexar 8GB Class 6 and Samsung Plus 8GB Class 6. Does anyone have any experience with any of these cards? Or can anyone recommend me a SD card that will be fast enough? Also can anyone tell me if the size of the SD card will effect its speed? Is 8GB not worth it simply because a 4GB would be faster?

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Those are decent cards with good random access times.

I know the Transcand card is a Samsung OEM card, both tend to get access times of 0.8 - 0.9 MS and read speeds of 15-15.5MB/s. I've no idea about the Lexar.

In somecases you may find a 4Gb card to be slightly faster (0.1MS), but not really anything to make a difference.

The Kingston Class 4 cards (Japan and Taiwan) are Toshiba OEM. 7DayShop have 8GB Toshiba Japan cards for £9.99 http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_in...ducts_id=105852 Those tend to get read speeds of 20MB/s and access times of 0.9MS.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a Samsung Plus 8gb! I ordered it from play.com
http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4-/1276...rd/Product.html

It works fantasticly in my Acekard and my DStwo, this is definitely worth buying.
Hell it's a good price, £16.

Good thing you're in the UK, since I haven't seen any american places that sell this online.

twiztidsinz said:
I'd recommend ADATA: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820211351
Got one when I bought my AK2i and it's been nothing but great.

Gattsu80 is in the UK, so he can't order from Newegg.

QUOTE(http://www.newegg.com/HelpInfo/FAQDetail.aspx?Module=4)Does Newegg.com ship internationally?

Newegg.com does not currently ship internationally; we only deliver to locations within the United States and to Puerto Rico.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
Gattsu80 is in the UK, so he can't order from Newegg.
Never said he had to
tongue.gif
I just don't know any UK shops since I don't live there.
Always better to offer a link to something that has information when making a recommendation IMO.

Also... kinda weird we both had our 2,453th post in the same thread.

Gattsu80

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the quick replies. I am thinking of going with the Samsung or Trancend. I have read good things about A-DATA cards but they are kinda hard to come by here in the UK. I can't find much info on the Lexar so I think I will avoid that. I have to pass Tottenham Court Road (loads of pc component and electrical shops) tomorrow so will see what I can find.

Gattsu80

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I bought a 8GB Transcend Class 6 today for £14. After formating it with Panasonic formatter, I am happy to report all my slowdown woes are gone. Thanks for the help guys!

dingdongpogi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought several ADATA Class 6 and all have been very good. Bought 3 Transcends Class 6, 1 lemon. All bought at discounted prices from Newegg.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs. +1