Micro SDHC Recommendations Please

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Gattsu80, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Gattsu80
    OP

Gattsu80 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2010
    Hi,

I recently bought an Acekard 2.1 bundled with a Kingston 4GB Micro SDHC Class 4(Taiwan). I found I get slowdown and every now and then slow loading textures in Chinatown Wars. I also get slowdown with other games such as Jump Ultimate Stars, Bleach - Dark souls/Blade of Fate. So after reading up on these forums it seems the Kingston Taiwan cards are crap.

So I need a card with a better Randon Access Time with out spending a fortune. I was looking at a Transcend 8GB Class 6, Lexar 8GB Class 6 and Samsung Plus 8GB Class 6. Does anyone have any experience with any of these cards? Or can anyone recommend me a SD card that will be fast enough? Also can anyone tell me if the size of the SD card will effect its speed? Is 8GB not worth it simply because a 4GB would be faster?

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

2. tk_saturn

tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 26, 2010
    Those are decent cards with good random access times.

I know the Transcand card is a Samsung OEM card, both tend to get access times of 0.8 - 0.9 MS and read speeds of 15-15.5MB/s. I've no idea about the Lexar.

In somecases you may find a 4Gb card to be slightly faster (0.1MS), but not really anything to make a difference.

The Kingston Class 4 cards (Japan and Taiwan) are Toshiba OEM. 7DayShop have 8GB Toshiba Japan cards for £9.99 http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_in...ducts_id=105852 Those tend to get read speeds of 20MB/s and access times of 0.9MS.

3. twiztidsinz

twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

Dec 23, 2008
    United States
  4. RupeeClock

RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

May 15, 2008
    I have a Samsung Plus 8gb! I ordered it from play.com
    http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4-/1276...rd/Product.html

It works fantasticly in my Acekard and my DStwo, this is definitely worth buying.
    Hell it's a good price, £16.

Good thing you're in the UK, since I haven't seen any american places that sell this online.

5. twiztidsinz

twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

Dec 23, 2008
    United States
    Never said he had to [​IMG] I just don't know any UK shops since I don't live there.
    Always better to offer a link to something that has information when making a recommendation IMO.

Also... kinda weird we both had our 2,453th post in the same thread.

6. Gattsu80
    OP

Gattsu80 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2010
    Thanks for the quick replies. I am thinking of going with the Samsung or Trancend. I have read good things about A-DATA cards but they are kinda hard to come by here in the UK. I can't find much info on the Lexar so I think I will avoid that. I have to pass Tottenham Court Road (loads of pc component and electrical shops) tomorrow so will see what I can find.

7. EJames2100

EJames2100 GBAtemp Fan

May 9, 2008
    England
  8. Gattsu80
    OP

Gattsu80 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2010
    I bought a 8GB Transcend Class 6 today for £14. After formating it with Panasonic formatter, I am happy to report all my slowdown woes are gone. Thanks for the help guys!

9. dingdongpogi

dingdongpogi Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2009
    United States
    I bought several ADATA Class 6 and all have been very good. Bought 3 Transcends Class 6, 1 lemon. All bought at discounted prices from Newegg.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice