MICRO SDHC FOR ACEKARD 2i

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Doc.X, Jun 5, 2009.

Jun 5, 2009

MICRO SDHC FOR ACEKARD 2i by Doc.X at 1:22 AM (1,111 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Doc.X
    OP

Newcomer Doc.X Advanced Member

United States
    Does anyone know where i can find a decent price for a 16 GB class 6 Micro SDHC card for my AceKard 2i?I have an 8 gig "RIDATA" CLASS 6 sdhc and got super ripped off when i got it for like 50 USD. i have under a gig left and i feel im going to need more space . Also if i have a Normal SD card and put in in the SD CARD SLOT on My DSi can i use it as an expansion for the Micro SDHC once i have akaio up and running? [​IMG]

Thanks in advance. [​IMG]

2. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
  3. Doc.X
    OP

United States
    Yea im pretty good with searches and for some reason couldnt find any 16 GB shdc's on dealextreme . they were one of the 1st sites i checked . since i ordered my Acekard 2i from them not to long ago but honestly their shipping is killer 3 weeks to get my acekard almost killed me

4. zero383

Member zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    No you can't. The SD Card slot is a DSi mode feature. Since it hasn't been hacked yet, the faster processor, extra ram, camera, sd card slot all cannot be used with homebrew at the moment.

5. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    hahahaha..
    class 6 ... 16 GB SDHC sandisk is selling at 45-50 USD on my local stores [​IMG]
    i think this can be a guideline for you

6. Doc.X
    OP

United States
    Yea DSi Mode is a total Buzz Kill . if it was craked and incorporated for use with akaio id have 40 gigs of usable memory BUT Noooo , now i gta buy another SDHC LoL

7. Doc.X
    OP

United States
    @ elixirdream

Arent you a happy camper Lol that sucks . as stated the local store i went to jipped me on the 8 Gig too bad its been over 3 weeks since i got it or id return it. Hmm mayb Radio Shack has the 16 GIG i Seek ?

EDIT : No go on Radio Shack , But i did keep searching on NewEgg.com and finally found a 16 gig Class 6 Micro Sdhc , Except now i have Two questions

1st is - Does akaio even support 16 Gig Card support ? im pretty sure i read on the wiki that it does but i figure i ask anyway

2nd - In the description of the card it says its a RiDATA Lightning Series 16GB Micro SDHC MLC Flash Card . Does anyone Know what the MLC stands for ?

as soon as those questions are answered ill consider purchasing from NewEgg. Thanks again in advance.

8. zero383

Canada
    1. Yes it supports SDHC
    2. Dunno what MLC stands for but I'd stay away from Ridata and stick with quality brands like Sandisk, Transcend, Kingston.

9. Doc.X
    OP

United States
    @ Zero383

I Know it supposrts SDHC but does akaio have a capacity Limit ? Will it be able to read The 16 Gig Card ?

Also the only reason im sticking to Ridata is because i have an 8 gig ridata that i currently have in use and i have no complaints and i cant find a decntly Priced NAME brand Miro SDHC that is class 6 at a Decent Price

10. zero383

Canada
    It supports whatever highest capacity card you can find, even 32GB.

11. Doc.X
    OP

United States
    OK no wories on my end then . Thanks for the Info ZERO

I found out what MLC is also , turns out my current SDHC is also MLC

MLC is a memory element capable of storing multiple bits of information on a single cell. MLC designs have an advantage in terms of density and lower cost of ownership, but their complexity requires further error testing. The enhanced error detection and correction consumes storage capacity slowing the drive performance.

I think ill Be getting the SDHC from NEWEGG.Com after All . Thanks for all the Help