Hacking Micro SDHC compatibility

Byakkotai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I just received my A-DATA 4gb Class6 Micro SDHC card and the first thing I notice is that despite what the manufacturer of my computer says, my computer is not compatible with SDHC devices. If I use the USB attachment when I finally receive my CycloDS Evo, will my computer be able to read it? If not, is there any way to get around this?

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How do you know your computer is incompatible with SDHC devices? I've never heard of such a thing before.

And yes the reader that comes with the Cyclo can read SDHC.

Byakkotai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I know my computer can't directly read SDHC devices as I used the SD adaptor included with the Micro SDHC in my laptops SD slot and it would not read it.
Considering this, will the USB reader included with the CycloDS be useable in order to put 'things' onto the Micro SDHC card?

fryfrog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As more than one person has already said, the little usb micro-sd reader that comes with the CycloDS is indeed perfectly happy reading SDHC.

I use em on my 4G MicroSDHC card. I have a laptop with a built in reader that does *not* work with SDHC, just like you.

azniceman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes it does work, with the little adapter it comes with. Because i once bought a micro sdhc, months ago, and everytime I put it in my cell phone, or computer it would not read it. All of a sudden the Cyclods came and said it was compatible with it. So when I went to the store and took the risk, and bought it. Came home and it worked on my computer. because the little reader that comes with it, is whats going to do the job.

greenkabbage

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hm, my cycloDS microSD card reader refuses to work with the Transcend 4GB Class 6 microSDHC card I just got. It works fine in another reader, the SanDisk MicroMate.

The CycloDS reader reads normal microSD cards just fine...
I bought it online from Pianko in Taiwan.
Did I get...
a) a real cycloDS with bad/broken/cheaper reader
b) a fake cycloDS where they wouldn't even bother including a sdhc reader
c) broken

I doubt it's c) because it works in another reader. Now I just hope it's a) and not b)
What do you guys think?

nekra

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
greenkabbage said:
I doubt it's c) because it works in another reader. Now I just hope it's a) and not b)
What do you guys think?
a)

I've had several slot-1 cards, and all of the included readers have either a) been dead on arrival, or b) failed within several weeks of usage. That includes the flimsy black one that came with my recently purchased Evo. They're cheap, crappy bonuses.

IIRC, Pianko was on TC's "trusted retailers" list, so it's unlikely that you got a fake unit.

greenkabbage

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok, that's what I thought, too.
I just ordered another 8GB sandisk anyway, that will come with a reader, so I should be set
biggrin.gif
\

Thanks !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==