Hacking Micro SD Saving issue

SirPrize

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a EZ Flash IV Micro SD and I'm having huge save problems constantly, it keeps saving a blank save over my progress and it's super annoying. I know that it has to save the file when it first starts up the card so I usually power it back on to make sure it saved, go look at my roms and then shut it off again. What am I doing wrong?

tvoretz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few questions:
  • Did you use EZ4_Client to patch your games before transferring them to your microSD card?
  • Do you have a folder named "SAVER" on your microSD card?
  • In the SAVER folder, do the names of the save files exactly match the names of your roms? For example, if your Pokemon Ruby rom is named "Pokemon - Ruby Version.gba", there must be a save file named "Pokemon - Ruby Version.sav" in the SAVER folder.
If you answered "no" to any of those questions, use this guide (starting at step 6) and this version of EZ4_Client. The guide was written with the old version of the EZFlash IV in mind, but the instructions are still applicable. If you later decide to rename any of your roms, be sure to rename the save file, too.

If you are definitely following the proper procedure for transferring your games to the EZ-Flash, answer these questions, and we'll work from there:
  • Are you seeing the saving/writing message when you turn your GBA/EZ-Flash back on? It'll come up after the "Hold L to skip save" prompt.
  • If not, try using the "reset to EZ-Flash menu" button combo after saving in a game. Does the saving/writing message appear now? (It'll still be after the "Hold L" message.)

SirPrize

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>Did you use EZ4_Client to patch your games before transferring them to your microSD card?
I did not, I thought that was only for the mini SD format

>Do you have a folder named "SAVER" on your microSD card?
Yes.

>In the SAVER folder, do the names of the save files exactly match the names of your roms? For example, if your Pokemon Ruby rom is named "Pokemon - Ruby Version.gba", there must be a save file named "Pokemon - Ruby Version.sav" in the SAVER folder.
Yes.

I went ahead and patched all the games and I'm going to test this tonight. I hardcore just lost 6 hours in Megaman Battle Network 3 and the save was working just fine. Then, next time i loaded up it just said "New Game".

>Are you seeing the saving/writing message when you turn your GBA/EZ-Flash back on? It'll come up after the "Hold L to skip save" prompt.
I do see this, what i have been doing is after I save I turn it back on and doublecheck that it saved and then load a different rom and load Battle Network back.

>If not, try using the "reset to EZ-Flash menu" button combo after saving in a game. Does the saving/writing message appear now? (It'll still be after the "Hold L" message.)
I flashed when I first got this thing and reflashed a few days ago thinking that might help it. I'm on 1.76.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/