Hacking Micro SD reader corrupted?

WaffleDee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I put my micro sd in the reader and then plug it in, the computer is unable to read it (panasonic formatter doesn't work either). If the reader and card are in when the computer starts up windows fails to load. However when I put the Micro sd in my supercard DStwo it works fine. This only started happening today.

I am using a kingston 8gb micro sd (jap) and using the reader that comes with the supercard dstwo.
Should I return the reader to shoptemp, or is the micro sd the problem? Is there any way to fix this?

(I do not have a second micro sd reader to test with)

EDIT: Despite working, my micro sd seems to be a fake.... 4.8 access time and it's read speed is only 10.5...

yeop

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Try inserting the micro sd on another reader. If doesn´t work then it´s micro SD problem, if it works is problem of the reader. If the reader is damaged it´s difficult to fix.

WaffleDee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The problem is that I don't have another micro sd reader to test it with.
frown.gif

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If this is a cheap $1 card reader such as those that come with flash carts, i'd imagine it's the culprit. They never last long.

Before you do anything, try your MicroSD card in another PC with another card reader.

If the DSTWO can play your games fine including reading and writing to saves, then I doubt the issue is with the microSD card.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DeltaBurnt said:
I wouldn't do that unless you can confirm it's not the card reader.

Doing a low level format with a dodgy card reader... bad idea.

Also remember it will destroy all the data on the card. You will need to backup your saves, which you can't do because you can't read the card.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
DeltaBurnt said:
I wouldn't do that unless you can confirm it's not the card reader.

Doing a low level format with a dodgy card reader... bad idea.

Also remember it will destroy all the data on the card. You will need to backup your saves, which you can't do because you can't read the card.

He said he already tried the Panasonic Formatter, so he's obviously not concerned about losing the data.

Plus if the card is messed up by the low level format, most likely doing it again with a better reader will fix it anyways.

WaffleDee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I already got my stuff backed up before hand, and if the supercard can read the data fine than I don't know what could be wrong with the card.

WaffleDee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DeltaBurnt said:
WaffleDee said:
I'm probably going to replace the micro sd too.

Why? What's the point in wasting a good micro sd card when you're not sure if it's causing the problem.

I updated my first post. Seems my micro sd gets bad benchmark teams (10.5 read, 4.8 access time (!)). I opened a ticket with shop temp a minute ago, and am waiting for a response.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)