T_Tri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi everyone,
Finally bought my Crystal Red 2DS and now have got my hands on a Gateway Ultra!!!
The next step would be to get a Micro SD Card and was wondering if anyone could verify this to be a good choice:

https://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/64GB-Adata-Premier-UHS-I-Micro-SDHC-Card/21708253

Also just to clarify I don't need to have a big SD card for the DS right? I mean it isn't used for much in terms of the Gateway Ultra?

Lastly I'll have to buy a charger because my US DS charger does not fit in the plugs of my country.
A USB charger would have the correct output to charge it yes?

Thanks for all the help and I look forward to opening the gates of my Gateway Ultra journey ;)

SuperSVGA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The next step would be to get a Micro SD Card and was wondering if anyone could verify this to be a good choice:

https://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/64GB-Adata-Premier-UHS-I-Micro-SDHC-Card/21708253
Looks alright, just make sure the place you buy it from is trusted and when you get it test to make sure it isn't fake.

Also just to clarify I don't need to have a big SD card for the DS right? I mean it isn't used for much in terms of the Gateway Ultra?

If you ever want to install games to the home screen, you might consider getting a bigger SD for that.

Lastly I'll have to buy a charger because my US DS charger does not fit in the plugs of my country.
Should work fine, I have heard many others use USB just fine.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I myself charge my 3DS XL with USB and it works fine. I'd recommend using one of those plugs to USB adapters, like the ones Apple give you.
And personally, I'd suggest you split that 64GB card into 2 32GB cards, one for the 2DS and one for the red card.
Lately, you need more and more storage for the 3DS (Homebrew, CIA files, Themes, DLC, emuNAND), keep in mind that the SD card that goes in your 3DS/2DS cannot be anything other than FAT32, the SD card that goes in the red card can be exFAT as well, and it is highly recommended (Because exFAT can support individual files larger than 4GB, something that FAT32 can't do.)
Lastly, I'd recommend a more well-known seller, like your local shops or Amazon (Make sure AMAZON sells it, not a reseller ON Amazon).

Lazerith

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would go with a more well known brand such as Sandisk. Every time I have gotten a microSD that wasn't Sandisk, it has gotten corrupted and become useless after a couple months. But that's just me.

NEVER use a kingston with flash carts.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I would go with a more well known brand such as Sandisk. Every time I have gotten a microSD that wasn't Sandisk, it has gotten corrupted and become useless after a couple months. But that's just me.

NEVER use a kingston with flash carts.
Erm, I'm using a Kingston 8GB for my DS lite R4 and it works wonderfully.
Also, I bought Samsung microSD for my 3DS and also tested it in my R4 and it works fine.
Really, Sandisk is the most common card being faked as far as I know.
What you REALLY shouldn't do is buy cards with absolutely no brand name on them, basically those pure grey cards with just white lettering saying what class and storage they "supposedly" are. Those seem to be the most common fakes.
Also buy SD cards from reputable sellers.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hi everyone,
Finally bought my Crystal Red 2DS and now have got my hands on a Gateway Ultra!!!

Thanks for all the help and I look forward to opening the gates of my Gateway Ultra journey ;)
seems fine.

You need an sd card inside your 3/2ds which has at least 1gb of space for emunand, and more space for content.

usb is fine.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
32gb is way too much for ds. I have a 16gb and I have downloaded every Nes, Snes, GBC, GBA, and DS game I would possibly want and I am only at 8gb.
i have a 8gb one, i can confirm this on a DS card,
anyways 3ds games are bigger... and op was talking about gateway so he probably wants a bit more space like 16 or 32...

T_Tri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Thanks heaps guys for the help once again. I downgraded and decided on the 32gb Micro SD at $42 which despite only being $12 cheaper than the 64gb it is a SanDisk so more reliable brand hopefully.
Now aiming to get that USB charger and then setting up my Gateway finally. This whole endeavour has been 3 weeks long so far...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk