Hacking micro sd class for gateway

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
One of the micro sd cards I've been using on my gatway is a 16GB class 2 samsung one, it's worked fine so far but I haven't tried that specific microsd card with a bunch of games yet. Would recommend class 4 or higher though.

robo989

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might as well get a class 10 price difference is tiny at this point. If you have an old card then most people including myself report that any old even class 2 works fine in all situations.

Things seem to be different than with the DS flash cards where a class 2/4 would often give slowdown in lots of games.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might as well get a class 10 price difference is tiny at this point. If you have an old card then most people including myself report that any old even class 2 works fine in all situations.

Things seem to be different than with the DS flash cards where a class 2/4 would often give slowdown in lots of games.

I got a 16 GB class 10 on Amazon for 13.49. It doesn't drop lower than that. The difference between a 2GB and an 8GB, even, is incredibly small. I'd honestly say just make the jump to a bigger card. Speculative point here, but who knows, maybe the Gateway will support multiple ROMs per SD?

robo989

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a 16 GB class 10 on Amazon for 13.49. It doesn't drop lower than that. The difference between a 2GB and an 8GB, even, is incredibly small. I'd honestly say just make the jump to a bigger card. Speculative point here, but who knows, maybe the Gateway will support multiple ROMs per SD?

Yeah pretty much. Got plenty of high capacity microsd cards, no small ones though, shame with current situation as price per GB the low capacity ones are a rip off.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah pretty much. Got plenty of high capacity microsd cards, no small ones though, shame with current situation as price per GB the low capacity ones are a rip off.

They really are, and I sadly took some rap the other day for recommending a bigger sized SD card, lol. I have a ton of them laying around apparently, but one more couldn't hurt. As I usually don't pay squat for flash carts anyway, might as well run out and buy a quality SD card. :P

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
I wish there was a good sd card benchmarking app out there that measures random read/write access but I'm having trouble finding one.

Random access, btw, is what's most important here, and the card class doesn't measure that (it measures sequential speed).

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish there was a good sd card benchmarking app out there that measures random read/write access but I'm having trouble finding one.

Random access, btw, is what's most important here, and the card class doesn't measure that (it measures sequential speed).

Yeah, I wondered the same thing. :P But either way as long as you're not buying Chinese knock off SD cards, you'll be fine. ;)

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CrystalDiskMark can do it.

Put your card in a fairly fast USB card reader and run the benchmark on that drive letter. You can even change what file size it uses for the continuous read/write values.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CrystalDiskMark can do it.

Put your card in a fairly fast USB card reader and run the benchmark on that drive letter. You can even change what file size it uses for the continuous read/write values.

Interesting, I'll look into that on my free time. Thanks! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good