Micro SD card and DS Two

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by FarAwaySoda, Nov 24, 2011.

Nov 24, 2011
  1. FarAwaySoda
    OP

Newcomer FarAwaySoda Advanced Member

El Salvador
    Does it really matter what brand my MicroSD card is? I'm saying this because I've experienced some low framerate playing GBA games. Or could it be my DS Two is fake? I bought it from Lightake, but it runs DS roms fine. I'm using a 3DS with the latest firmware btw...

2. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    Yeah, definitely a problem with a slow micro sd card. You can try formatting with the sd formatter to increase performance (NOTE: formatting will erase all data in the msd, so make sure you back-up everything to your computer before formatting). If that doesn't solve your problem, your micro sd card is too slow to handle the job; buy a better one.

3. FarAwaySoda
    OP

El Salvador
    Well it depends...how good is GBA emulation on DS Two supposed to be? is it JUST like the GBA itself? As for the SD card it's a Maxell 4GB

4. FarAwaySoda
    OP

El Salvador
    Well I did some digging, and I found this out...the MicroSD card has absolutely nothing to do with the emulation, since the ROM is loaded onto the DS Two's independent RAM, and the emulator is still kinda sucky, since it's not open source...so nobody can improve it, too bad since it would be great to play GBA with as less bugs as possible...

5. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    There is no such thing as a fake DSTwo.